cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation issues when Virgin Media is in the road

Infinidim
On our wavelength

High folks, this is my first post and it is about the VM installation process which I believe is very broken.

Some history.

7/3/23 Orderred with delivery date of 23/3/23 (today)

9/3/ 23 Contact from VM to find out what our pavement is made up of.

10/3/23 VM outside team up mark the road and discuss where they are going to put the outside box on our property. They explained they were going to "tee" into the existing cable infrastructure in our post code.......nothing mentioned about wayleaves.....

17/3/23 sent email to say our installation is on hold. No new date.

17/3/23 luckily I managed to get my existing broadband non-cancelled......

23/3/23 wayleave arrives from Virgin Media which is signed and sent back within an hour.

23/3/23 no new installation date!!!

The whole of our post code has got VM connections (not all are with Virgin Media)with the exception of our property. Back 12/14 years ago NTL installed connection to 7 of the 8 houses in our post code but for some reason decided not to put one in for our property - strange. I believe that they had a general wayleave / easement for the whole of our post code but can't find anything anywhere as NTL no longer exists. 

So currently stuck in a Virgin Media installation "black whole".

Help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We can see you have spoken to the team and had an update on this since posting, we hope this is good news and cleared up any confusion caused Infinidim.

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Infinidim 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your installation.

Have the team now provided you with a new install date? With you submitting this back to the team on the 23/03 - they'll be back in touch anyhow to reorganise this if possible. For any updates I'd suggest contacting our sales team on 0800 183 1234

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@Travis no they have not provided officially a new installation date. 

Since I wrote the post I have found out a lot about this disastrous installation.

Here is what I found out -

When cable was put in our close by NTL, I think, they had a blanket wayleave / easement to connect  the 8 properties in the close. As I mentioned before they never connected our property. My understanding is that wayleave / easement still exists.

When the outside team visited (10/3/23 I think) someone dropped off sending out the wayleave to us as house owners till about the 23/3/23. We sent it electronically back to the wayleave team within a hour of it arriving by post. They still haven't confirmed receipt of it! 

Nobody will own up to this be a disastrous installation so far and nobody will escalate this to make sure we get the service installed this month.

Any support you can provide would be appreciated. 

Regards 

Infinidim

We can see you have spoken to the team and had an update on this since posting, we hope this is good news and cleared up any confusion caused Infinidim.

Rob

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Infinidim wrote:

@Travis no they have not provided officially a new installation date. 

Since I wrote the post I have found out a lot about this disastrous installation.

Here is what I found out -

When cable was put in our close by NTL, I think, they had a blanket wayleave / easement to connect  the 8 properties in the close. As I mentioned before they never connected our property. My understanding is that wayleave / easement still exists.

When the outside team visited (10/3/23 I think) someone dropped off sending out the wayleave to us as house owners till about the 23/3/23. We sent it electronically back to the wayleave team within a hour of it arriving by post. They still haven't confirmed receipt of it! 

Nobody will own up to this be a disastrous installation so far and nobody will escalate this to make sure we get the service installed this month.

Any support you can provide would be appreciated. 

Regards 

Infinidim

you will get little to no help from staff on here - lots of apologies and questions that you would think they knew the answer to if they can see you have been in discussion with this dept or that but it does not work like that - start from the point that VM systems are broken so the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing - in fact its probable that the two hands are not even aware of each other

then add that VM install is even more broken - most of the work is contracted out and then that adds another layer of incompetence

so ringing - posting here - whatsapp will all get you the same result - NOTHING - yes you will get platitudes but no actual help as they know nothing - the phone agents will tell you its going to happen tomorrow and will guarantee that - when it does not they will repeat the same as thats what their screen say

so keep your existing isp running until VM stumble and stagger to an install - if you have an install date you are racking up a fiver a day in compensation - they may huff and puff at paying it but if they do come back for advice - DO NOT cancel even if patience breaks - just let them install and cancel in the 14 day cooling off period and collect a fiver a day

Tony.
Sacked VIP