Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Installation issue - wrong room!

Hi,

I booked an engineer visit but due to Coronavirus we cannot have one so a self install kit was sent. 

The issue is the box where the cable comes in is in 1 room and the TV in the other! 

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation issue - wrong room!

Hi , 

At this current moment in time , we are installing the products at the nearest entry point. Once this all blows over , we can come and move things where you want when you get in contact with us. 

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

But any ideas on how i can watch tv?

Do you have anything you can send out until the engineer can come?

I have the wifi working but cannot see tv as it is too far away to run the cable.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Do you have a TV box? If so you'll need a long HDMI cable, if not an Ethernet cable from the hub is best but you can try homeplugs first to see if they work.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you don't care about live tv then you should still be able to watch OnDemand TV as that uses the Wifi/ethernet connection (I'm sure live TV goes over the coax still, but someone correct me if I'm wrong...) 

If you do need live tv then you can extend HDMI over Cat5/6 or wireless and leave the box in the other room. 

Once all engineers are back to normal I'm sure they'll put you an additional cable in. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Z92 I'm afraid that is complete nonsense, you need a coxial cable coming in from outside then that must run to the box and the hub, the HDMI cable connects the TV box to the TV, so it's not very practical to have a V6 box in one room and TV in another.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you download virgin tv go app, you can watch live tv on your phone for now.

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos