Menu
arwcampbell
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Installation if TV in different room to hub

Hi, hoping to move to Virgin Media and I was wondering if anyone has a TV box in a different room to the hub. In my situation the Virgin box is likely to be on the roadside part of the house and I suspect they will need to pin a coax cable on the outside of the house, throw it over the porch, pin it to the wall and then into the other living room. The better solution would be to go through the attic and replace the TV aerial cabling with the new VM coax cable down to the aerial connection box but I doubt they will do that. Has anyone had this problem? Just wondering what happened?

Thanks,

Alan

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation if TV in different room to hub

If both rooms have external walls, it should be fairly straightforward.

Just remember the V6 needs to connect to the HUB over LAN- how you achieve this is really up to you.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
arwcampbell
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Does the TV6 not also need the coax cable plugged in to work? I can easily use Powerline adaptors for ethernet.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yup. The programmes come down the coax, the interactive stuff (EPG etc) goes over the internet. So it needs both.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub3 and V6 both need coax, they can be split at one of the devices or at the omnibox. My incomer is split at the omnibox, my Hub3 is under the stairs and the TV in the back room. All coax is under the floor, I provided draw cables for the installation technician. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos