forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
ajw2308
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Installation hell....

I'm guessing lots of people have this issue. Install was scheduled for 13th Feb; 2 days before was called off due to a 'blockage'. Then had install moved to 4th March; with pre-install work happening on the 26th feb. Noticed today the 4th March appointment shows as NaN / NaN / NaN - so after another 45 mins to the Philipines no-one can give me an answer if the 26th Feb is going ahead or not....its still in the diary but the girl has no exact info on steps towards an install.....the indication she has is they are awaiting info on permits to the local council to do the work; anyone else got experience of this?

Got 3 kids attempting to home school on their data plan and concerned this could go on for some time?

Thanks in advance

Andrew

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation hell....

The reference to a blockage very likely means that a contractor has to be brought in to clear a duct to run the cable. If so this could mean a delay of days or a few weeks, waiting for Council permission.  Can you set up a 4G data service as a standby?

0 Kudos
Z92
Super solver
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

When my connections was NaN / NaN / NaN, I waited 8 weeks for a connection, so depends on how desperate you are for fast internet, or whether slower internet (such as BT) would be better for you? Depends if you already have a phone line. 

0 Kudos
ajw2308
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Looks like something may be happening - another user said to check https://one.network/ - it is now showing up that virgin media have a permit to do work outside my property on 24/25 so perhaps they are sticking to pre-install on 26th....depends whether they get the line installed....thanks for your responses

0 Kudos