cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation hassles…

PaulFitz
Tuning in

So last friday (3/12) I had an engineer around to relocate 2 boxes and add a wire for a 3rd box to be installed after current renovation is complete.

I was told when booking and paying for this installation that the engineer would complete all the work I wanted doing on the day.

On arrival the engineer explained that he had only been allocated 40 minutes for this job which is clearly not enough time to complete the work I wanted doing.

The installer was there over an hour but couldn’t complete the work however he assured me he would book us in for another day this week - preferably Monday or Tuesday. Good to his word, he did phone, but but unfortunately there was only slots available for Friday pm (10/12). This was suitable, so I booked it. 

Yesterday I received a text from Virgin informing me that the slot had been cancelled and rebooked for Tuesday pm (14/10). This is not suitable. Frustrated I have contacted Virgin again and explained the situation, but I’m yet to dial to someone who actually understands the term “customer care” or “customer service”. I’ve since been explained to that my appointment was “double-booked” and instead of calling me to explain and ask when would be suitable, my appointment was cancelled and another one rearranged without any consultation at all.

I’ve been offered a refund on the relocation cost, but told that there are no installation slots available until 22 December. Again this date slot is unsuitable for me. We are not facing the very real prospect of not having TV’s connected for Christmas.

If there anyone who can do anything at all about escalating this, or getting us an appointment that is convenient please???

I repeat this should have been completed last week, but we now may not be fine until after Christmas.

Here hoping 🤞🏻 

Paul

1 REPLY 1

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @PaulFitz,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.

I can see that your order has now been closed down with no new appointments booked in, did the team manage to complete the work on Friday?

Regards,

Steven_L