Menu
Highlighted
indigostar108
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Installation engineer made huge mess of trunking at my door

Hi,

Had Virgin installed last month & engineer had made a hole in the neat & tidy trunking that was installed by Virgin for all the flats in the block.

Along with making over 3 unnecessary holes in my interior walls the engineer opened up the existing trunking & made a mess of the wiring at my door that was installed by Virgin as part of the installation into the apartment block. All other flats have neat & tidy trunking for all virgin cabling outside their door whereas mine was left in a mess which looks unsightly.

I have had 3 engineers visiting each time claiming they cannot do the trunking and don't carry these fittings. I have made over a dozen calls before these visits seeking reassurance that they will come prepared & each time they come & shrug their shoulders and claim they will get it resolved. Each time nothing is officially logged in the system despite them taking pictures.

I have had to take time off work 3 times already and cannot do this any longer. I am so very frustrated that a simple thing like this cannot be communicated and resolved quickly. Each time I escalate I am told that a field manager will get hold of me to get it resolved and it never has.

This has become very painful, frustrating and I am so very disappointed in the service provided by Virgin and in their lack of communication.

I would really like someone in the Field Management area to please call me to advise what they can do to resolve. It is the fault of the original engineers that installed last month that I have unnecessary 3 holes drilled into my nice new flat AND an unsightly cabling at my door compared to all other flats.

Please can someone help.

Binny

0 Kudos
Tudor
Community elder
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation engineer made huge mess of trunking at my door

You can try customer services, nobody will call you they do not work like that. A VM staff member on the board should be able to help you, but it can take up to a week before they get to your post. In the mean time it would be a good idea to post some photos of the bad workmanship. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi indigostar108,

I'm really sorry to hear of what has happened here.

Have you spoken to the team regarding this since your forum post?

If not, let me know and I can assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
indigostar108
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi John_GS,

I have got nowhere with the team, I need a engineer field manager to really help me out here, I just cannot get through to anyone that can reassure me that this will be resolved as promised.

3 wasted days for engineers and myself to take time off work. I would really like someone to ring me that can help escalate.

thanks,

Binny

0 Kudos
indigostar108
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I had no choice but to put a complaint in 10 days ago. Not heard back from anyone yet, the reference is COM103011013

0 Kudos
Gethsemane
Superfast
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

if they don't resolve your formal complaint in a reasonable amount of time you're legally entitled to request a deadlock letter and then request redress via either CISAS or Ombudsman Services.

https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/

Both services are very diligent in their processes.

________________________________________________________________________________

Has this post helped you out? say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star.

Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

Thanks for providing this reference. 

I can see it is with the correct team now, so they'll be in touch asap.

please keep me posted.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos