cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation delays

Louis_Hamber
Joining in

We've been waiting over 4 weeks now to find out when our installation is happening, and every time I ring up I get told the same thing, it'll be in the next couple of days. 

It's me having to do the chasing, and theres absolutely zero contact from Virgin about these issues... Have other people faced similar issues? Both my partner and I work from home and having no internet is absolutely killing our ability to perform our jobs. 4G hot-spotting from a phone is no way to continue to work. 

Does anyone know anyway to speed up this process or talk about compensation/temporary solution while we endlessly wait, sigh.

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Without an actual install date you won't qualify for automatic compensation, perhaps this is why they're giving you the rin around?

Is another provider an option or as mentioned in another thread (4/5g broadband) theres a couple 30 day rolling contracts available.

You may get a mod reaching out shortly to provide an insight to the delay

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See my recent post on the same issue in message 2

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Disgusted-not-installed-delays/td-p/50821...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

briansit
Joining in

Going through exactly the same thing.

Virgin Media is the only option we have for fast fibre optic cable internet and they have pushed our install dates out 3 ties within the last 2 months.

I have no issues with Virgin about the challenges of getting council approval to undergo construction work outside my property, but every time I call the pre-installation team, they have very little knowledge about the status of their 3rd party contractors. Instead, they would tell me for instance:  

Raheena at 15:46, Nov 29: "I am really sorry Brian, I understand how frustrating it is as it is delayed from very long time, but I can see they will be arriving today from 4 pm to 7 pm and they will also give you a call before arriving at the location, and it will be done."

Then it doesn't happens and no one calls -- I then have to call them back on 0800 052 1734 to go through 2 security clearance checks before I get passed on to Pre-installation team. I end up speaking to another person who I have re-explain the situation to who tell me the exact same information as the person the day before. It's a vicious and demoralizing experience.

I would never recommend Virgin to anyone, but unfortunately it's my only option for fibre.

What they will do for you is send a dongle with free data until the work is completed -- I would just take advantage of that free service for being put in an inconvenienced situation that is no fault of yours. 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@briansit wrote:

Going through exactly the same thing.

Virgin Media is the only option we have for fast fibre optic cable internet and they have pushed our install dates out 3 ties within the last 2 months.

I have no issues with Virgin about the challenges of getting council approval to undergo construction work outside my property, but every time I call the pre-installation team, they have very little knowledge about the status of their 3rd party contractors. Instead, they would tell me for instance:  

<snip> 

Your story is a familiar one on here repeated many times over unfortunately.

The people you talk to on the phone have no more idea about your installation date than you do. They are simply reading the latest info from the screen in front of them. Unfortunately the information on the screen often has no link with reality and the independent actions of the contractors.

Have you made your own enquiries with your local highway authority to check and see if VM has applied for permission to do the work? Some past topics on here have described delays due to an alleged wait for council permits only for the customer to make there own enquiries and find that no such permits have even been applied for. Might be worth checking if you have not done so already.

Hi briansit, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that there is an issue with the installation and this is not the experience which we want you to have with us. 

The cable works will be done at any point until the day of installation by our construction teams and once pulled we will be able to install the service. 

Kind regards, Chris.