Menu
Webchuzz
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Installation delayed one working day before

Decided to join Virgin Media and proceeded with purchasing a broadband package on the 12th of April. After doing this, I'm assigned the earliest slot for installation of 10th of May (basically one month wait) which is annoying but understandable.

This morning (7th of May) I wake up to an automated SMS asking if I will be, in fact, home on the 10th for the installation to proceed - I have arranged with my workplace to be home that day, so I reply affirmatively to the message.

A few hours later, to my surprise, I get another message saying that "we need to do some extra work outside" and the date was pushed back to the 26th of May. That's it, no more information.

What's with the delay right before the installation date? I've planned my schedule around being home that day only to see it completely disregarded in a matter of hours. If this is the level of communication management I can expect from Virgin Media then it doesn't bode well for the future and I might think about calling off the whole thing.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation delayed one working day before

The local contractors have most likely been out to do a cable pull and noticed that there's a blockage preventing that, so they notified VM who have then decided to cancel the internal install because, without having a cable to your property, it's a little pointless.

So it's just bad timing.

This means that the 26th May is most likely just a guess to and that may as well be moved back as it depends on what they need to do. If they decide planning permission is required, you could be looking at an additional 6 - 8 weeks delay.

0 Kudos
Webchuzz
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Z92, appreciate your feedback on this.

I have tried to get in touch with the customer service via SMS to ascertain what really happened but, according to the agent, my password doesn't match what they have in the system, when I'm pretty sure I know what the password is.

Also, trying to ring results in being held ad eternum without anyone picking up the phone.

Would a Virgin Media representative please give me some feedback on this? I seem to be running out of options to get in touch with someone.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Are you trying the Pre-installation and delivery team - on.. 0800 052 1734

Calling at 08.00 (09.00 Sun) gives the best chance of getting through quickly.

A VM person will respond here in a few days but will not be able to give you any more info and just ask you to call in.

Meanwhile if you are with another ISP - dont cancel that contract until VM is installed and working to your satisfaction

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Remember that virgin don't want your password, they want characters from your memorable word that you entered when you signed up. 

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Webchuzz

Welcome to the forum page and most importantly welcome to Virgin Media. 

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with your installation but I can certainly look into this for you. 

I will pop you over a PM so we can go through your account together. 

Please look out for the purple envelope at the top right hand corner of your screen as this will take you to PM's. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Webchuzz
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello again Sasha,

I've logged back into my Virgin Media account today, only to find out that, according to the message I get, "You're not with Virgin Media anymore".

The installation slot, which I was able to view previously on the "Track your Order" is also missing; according to the website "It looks like you don't have any open orders".

To say that I'm befuddled with this would be an understatement - any clues to what might be going on?

0 Kudos