cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation delayed for a 2nd time due to "Construction" that has already occured.

AFKmuch
Tuning in

I've been waiting for Virgin to install a line to my flat since June 2021 (the cable already there was working btw, but they tore it out anyway).

I finally thought I was making progress when 3 weeks ago I saw men doing roadworks outside my flat (like directly outside) and then I was elated to find a shiny new black cable spooled up against the wall of my flat after they had finished "Yes, they're finally going to install it" I said.

Then 2 weeks ago they cancelled my install and moved it to tomorrow. I spoke to the construction team on their live chat service, sent them an image of the cable and was greeted to a "Ah, yes that is our cable". "Great" I thought, the installation will happen next time in 2 weeks, I was told they left a note on the account and the image was attached so that the issue wouldn't occur again.

Then comes today, I get a phone call and an email "We have cancelled your installation, it will be rescheduled" I am livid. The cable has been sitting outside for weeks and I can't do anything about it. Virgin media don't seem to even know that the cable is there, and they just keep cancelling installation after installation.

I honestly don't know what to do. I've tried calling multiple times and every single time I get hung up on when they try to transfer me or put me on hold. EVERY TIME.

I have attached a photo of said cable waiting for installation.

TornInfatuatedBullmastiff-mobile.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi AFKmuch,

Thank you for your post.

I'm so sorry to hear of the experience you've had since signing up with us and that your installation has been delayed. I can certainly see why you're frustrated and we'd like to help.

We are very limited to what we can do to help with pre installed accounts, however we can raise a complaint for you and assign it to the right team.

Please look out for my message over at the purple envelope 🙂

Beth

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Beth_G come on Beth - raise a complaint - thats likely to be closed in 24hours with some lame reason - surely the least you could do after that is send a mail to the AFM with a copy of the photo - afaik its the AFM's who book the install tech so maybe if the one in the area is decent then he might just get something moving!

Tony.
Sacked VIP