cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation delayed by 9 months- Still counting

pjey25
Joining in

Moved into a new property early this year and Virgin had promised to move our existing account and setup everything in new property within 2 weeks.  However citing external work they kept delaying this. They would give an appointment every few weeks promising it will be done that week, however calling the day before installation and cancelling it citing technical or external work delays. This has been going on for past 9 months. Every time we trusted their words and patiently waited, however we have now run out of patience and want to take legal action for all the stress and delay caused during which we had to manage with mobile broadband especially considering that most of us are WFH during pandemic.  Can anyone advice on how to deal with this incompetency and breach of trust with false promises

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

You search read and follow Virgin Media's Consumer Complaints Code of Practice to lodge a formal complaint with VM (I'd suggest in writing, or using the online form in My Virgin Media).  This should request the outcomes you want and request a deadlock letter if they will not agree to those terms.  This complaint is likely to be fobbed off, as VM handle complaints to the same famous standards that much of the rest of their business is run.  However, it doesn't matter if they reject it, or don't come up with a wholly satisfactory outcome, because with a deadlock letter you can escalate the complaint to CISAS, the industry arbitration scheme.  If VM don't resolve to your satisfaction nor issue a deadlock letter, you can still take the matter to CISAS, but you have to wait eight weeks from the date you complained to VM.  You may wish to additionally let Ofcom know how happy you are with VM's performance.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

You search read and follow Virgin Media's Consumer Complaints Code of Practice to lodge a formal complaint with VM (I'd suggest in writing, or using the online form in My Virgin Media).  This should request the outcomes you want and request a deadlock letter if they will not agree to those terms.  This complaint is likely to be fobbed off, as VM handle complaints to the same famous standards that much of the rest of their business is run.  However, it doesn't matter if they reject it, or don't come up with a wholly satisfactory outcome, because with a deadlock letter you can escalate the complaint to CISAS, the industry arbitration scheme.  If VM don't resolve to your satisfaction nor issue a deadlock letter, you can still take the matter to CISAS, but you have to wait eight weeks from the date you complained to VM.  You may wish to additionally let Ofcom know how happy you are with VM's performance.