Menu
Lancs1234
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Installation delayed. Rolling date?

Hello! 

Like many others on here, my installation date has been postponed. 

when I originally signed up I was told that my installation date of 9th September was the “absolute latest that the install would be complete”. Last night I received a text saying it was being postponed until the 12th October. After multiple phone calls I thought I had some clarity until I realised that the dates on the app were completely different to the dates I was given by the overseas team. 

Could one of the team please give me some actual dates and the reason for the delay? And inform me what I’m actually entitled to in terms of compensation for the late install. One of the reasons I went for virgin is the priority install for nhs staff, which as a nurse I was looking forwards too. 

thanks!

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation delayed. Rolling date?

Hi Lancs1234,

Thanks for your posting on the forums, I can see that this is actually your first ever post so welcome to the community! It's nice to have you on board.

Firstly I'm really sorry to hear that your installation has been delayed, I know this will be disappointing news. I'd like to send you over a private message so I can take a look into the account and check the installation date that has been booked and the reason for the reschedule.

Please find my message over at the purple envelope 🙂

Beth

0 Kudos
andrew987
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This appears to be the compensation scheme

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

£5 per day from promised installation date to actual installation date and £25 for a missed appointment with less than 24 hours notice.

Strangely no one from Virgin customer service has mentioned this and they've pushed hard to get me to accept lower amounts.

0 Kudos
Lancs1234
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that...

Funnily enough they haven't mentioned that to me either. I've had it confirmed by the helpful team on here that the date has been set for 12th October (which is just ridiculous given that all is needed is to bring it from the cab (literally outside next door's house so 10m or so away) to the front then it can come through the garden and in. But that would make it 30 days and so £175 in total. They've offered me £100 for it which I accepted not knowing about this. If it goes over the 15 days then I'll be pushing for the rest.

All of this is meant to be making use of the NHS priority install they claim to be doing too.

0 Kudos
bristolukbiker
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

hello been waiting today for my yodel quik set up ive taken the day off so i can get my internet on... ive not received my contract email neither have i been given my yodel delivery time

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there

Sorry to hear that you haven't received this yet.

I have private messaged you from reading your other post.

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Lancs1234
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can anyone confirm exactly what stage things should be at before the installation? 

should I have the cable running to the house or should the point just be there for them to pull the cable through? A team has been this morning to put a service point at the bottom of the garden on the footpath. 

0 Kudos