cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation date

Nichollsno10
Joining in

Hey. I got my installation date a few days ago so have cancelled my sky package , I then received a message saying my installation date has moved so now I’ll be left with no tv or broadband for 4-5 days. Tried calling to put this right and got transferred between 3 departments and then got hung up on 🙃 can someone from virgin please contact me

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Nichollsno10 wrote:

Hey. I got my installation date a few days ago so have cancelled my sky package , I then received a message saying my installation date has moved so now I’ll be left with no tv or broadband for 4-5 days. Tried calling to put this right and got transferred between 3 departments and then got hung up on 🙃 can someone from virgin please contact me

Firstly, if you read many threads on this forum you will realise the best course of action when switching to Virgin is to overlap your services until a drop line is pulled from the cabinet to your property. If a duct blockage is found at the time of the line pull then there will be a delay of several days or even weeks while construction permits are obtained & a contractor bought in to dig up the offending section of duct. I would try getting your package extended until it is resolved. You will not be due any compensation as this is an "unforseen" issue at the time of your order.

Also if you are porting a landline number you should only be cancelling TV & Broadband from your old provider. Under OFCOM procedures when you port to a cable provider you should only contact the new provider (Virgin) & they then arrange a date with your old provider to transfer the phone service & cancel the account. Any cancellation notice given directly by you to your old provider could block the porting process & you could lose your number.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Nichollsno10,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome both here and to Virgin Media, sorry to hear your install has been put back which has caused a problem with you having no services for a few days, in regards to your current provider, if you wish to bring your landline number with you the line must be active, if you can call Sky and extend the disconnection we can then make sure we have requested the Port in for you, this can take up to 10 days after the install date.

Regards

Paul.