cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation date pushed back 3 times

milanovia
Joining in

Hi there,

I first ordered Virgin Media 500mb for my new flat back in May 28th. My initial installation date was 22/06/2021, at the time they said they would try and get it installed earlier. It was then rescheduled to 16/07/2021 and I was told there would be no rescheduling again. It has now been rescheduled for 07/08/2021.

The issue is that they are not receiving a permit for the external work apparently. I really have no idea what I'm supposed to do in this situation. I've moved into a flat and have had no wi-fi for 2 months, I have spent a fortune on 4G data trying to work from home.

It is like hot potato with the customer service, when I contact them they blame it on the external company and transfer me to the external company, I then have to leave a message with them and they don't get back to me.

Is this a usual customer experience with Virgin? Honestly it feels like I will keep being rescheduled and rescheduled unless there is an intervention.

Sorry to be a little moaning murtle but it is genuinely quite a stressful situation, I am slipping behind on my work and have terrible connection on Teams etc due to using my 4G.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13

To update the situation.

On Wednesday 4th August I called Virgin pre-installs in the morning who promised me the external work was to be completed at 5pm on the day. They never showed.

On Thursday 5th August I called Virgin pre-installs in the morning who informed me that 100%  not only would the external work team show up today between 1-6pm but also an engineer would come to install the services as a special treat for me having a rough time over the last couple of months. This was an absolute promise the external work would be completed as would the install.

So what happens? A young lad calls me and says he is coming to install Virgin in my flat, obviously I said to him are you sure because the external work has not yet been completed, I was told it would be today. He was perplexed. Anyway he turns up and makes a call to use my neighbours cabling to install Virgin Media in my flat. It's clear by the cabling that I am not getting fibre 500mb installed but nevertheless, I am appreciative of the young lad providing us with Wi-fi considering we've not had anything since we made the order on 28th May.

Anyway, a few hours later, I receive a text from Virgin Media:

"Hello, it's Virgin Media. We need to do some extra work before we can get your broadband up and running. This means we've had to move your installation to 26/08/2021...we're sorry about that etc etc"

So that means it's officially 3 months and 4 reschedules now for my order to be completed. If it wasn't for the proactivity of the engineer I would still be without Wi-Fi and to be honest, this feels rather sketchy as it could interrupt my neighbour's experience with his internet.

It seems that Virgin customer service do not even recognise me as having any form of Virgin Wi-fi which is odd, the other thing I'm highly concerned about is now that my account is active, they will try and charge me for Fibre 500 which I clearly do not have installed.

Finally, there is absolutely no faith that the fibre 500 external work will be completed like ever. Considering I called Weds & Thurs to make sure the external work was going to happen and they told me they had the permits and they even had times scheduled, yet it still has been delayed. It's mind boggling.

The most distressing thing for me personally is having to explain myself multiple times to customer service and I am complaining like a spoilt brat crying over Fibre Optic, it is not the people who are picking my calls up who are in the wrong so I feel guilty moaning at them. 

At the end of the day though, this is an absolute farce and I am shocked that the best-in-class internet provider in terms of speed has such horrific processes in place. I feel sorry for the pre-install teams who are working off a computer system which is giving them inaccurate information such as external work installation times which are not honoured. They must get peppered on the phone by angry customers constantly.

@Megan_L - Please could you help me raise a complaint and escalate this issue?

Thanks.

Hi milanovia,

Thanks for coming back to us. We can only apologise for the journey you have had so far! This is not the service we are aiming to provide at all.

Remotely looking from our end, it is showing as you now have an active account and the install has been complete? I think we need to email the area field manager on your behalf and find out exactly what has been done?

We do sometimes split the cable from adjoining neighbours, so this is not out of the norm. Currently it seems the reason you don't have the 500mb Broadband service with us, is due to you being affected by current SNR issues. This will dramatically slow your internet speed and you may experience intermittent services due to this fault.

It is however estimated to be resolved at 12:00pm on the 11th of August.

I will pop you over a private message so we can take some details, and also get the complaint raised as requested.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi milanovia,

Just a quick message to advise that we have emailed the area field manager for you. We are awaiting on a response, as soon as I have anymore information regarding your pre-pull we will post back.

We do apologise as they are not office based, it may take a short while for a response.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi milanovia,

Just a quick note to advise that the external work has now been completed for you. You now have a separate cable for your services.

We appreciate that you are currently experiencing slow speed issues, this is due to an upstream power level issue and I have booked an engineer to come and resolve this for you.

I have sent you a private message with the time and date of this appointment. If you wish to re-schedule or cancel you can use the link here.

Please keep us posted with how the visit goes and what has been advised by the engineer.

Kind regards Jodi.