cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation date postponed

Abiosh
Joining in

Hi, 

I joined as a new customer and chose an installation date 3 weeks from the sign-up date. 2 days to installation, I have been informed that my installation has been delayed by 2 whole weeks and rescheduled to a date and time that doesn't work for me. 

This delay means I will not be able to work for 2 weeks as I have to work from home, so broadband is essential.

How can virgin provide me with a dongle of some sort to get internet access in the meantime?
How do I reschedule the appointment that has been set to a time that doesn't work for me?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Do you have an existing broadband connection?  If so I suggest you get it extended by a month or two. New Virgin installations are often delayed, so do not trust the dates you are given.  Virgin do sometimes lend a dongle, but it is very difficult to get one so you may find you have to get your own.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

I am moving to a new property which didn't have an internet connection before, so I don't have any previous provider to extend with.

Is there a number I can call Virgin on to enquire about the dongle?

it would be the normal 150 or 0345 454 1111 from a none virgin phone good luck

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You may not be successful, I don't think they hand them out routinely. 

If you are relying on broadband for work, I would recommend that you get your own mobile broadband device for backup. Virgin Media is a residential service, not a business one, and they don't guarantee a continuous connection. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi Abiosh,

Welcome to the Community Forums. Thank you for your first post!

I'm sorry to hear that your installation has been delayed. We'll do everything possible to avoid delaying your installation as we know how important having an active broadband/landline connection is to some customers, however most reasons for delays are due to outstanding construction works.

We are limited to what we can do to help from here with pre-installed accounts, however I can raise a complaint with you and assign to our installation team so we can help further, as I don't think you have been in touch since your post 🙂

Please look out for my message over at the purple envelope

Thanks!

Beth

Hi Beth, 

Thanks for your response. 

Please do help me to raise the complaint with your installation team. I have been calling all the numbers that I can find online, but none of it lets me get to speak to someone. 

I think it is poor that they wait so close to the agreed installation date to postpone it to an arbitral date without confirming with the customer. 

Please let me know how I can speak to someone to discuss this further and to change my installation date.

Regards,

Abi

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

By all means make your complaint, but to be realistic all it will do is to register your dissatisfaction.  The work will be done by the subcontractors when they get round to it and it's very unlikely that you will be able to change their work order.

- jpeg1