Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Installation date keeps getting changed.

Our installation date has just been changed for the 3rd time. Original date was 5th of October, now it is not getting installed until the 25th of November. 

We have been told that outside work has to be done, but each time it is scheduled nobody turns up. This has happened at least 6 times now. We were not told until the night before it was supposed to be installed that it was being delayed once again. By 3 weeks this time. 

I rang earlier today to check that the appointment was going ahead and was told with absolute certainty that it was. This is not the first time we have been outright lied to. 

We will now be entering a month of lockdown without WiFi. We both have online classes. 

As virgin are complying with the automatic compensation scheme, I am assuming that as it will be delayed by 51 days, as well as several missed appointments, we are entitled to over £300 off of our bill. 

If we had been told originally that we would have to wait this long we would obviously have cancelled, however, we are consistently told the night before the installation dates, please tell us why this is happening and why we have been lied to so much. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation date keeps getting changed.

Circumstances such as a blocked duct can prevent virgin from installing services and must be fixed by outside contractors. As this is outside virgins control no compensation is due. Delays can range from a few days to several months. 6 to 8 weeks being typical of the council have to be involved to request permission. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation date keeps getting changed.

Hi LivColes. Thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry for the delay in your installation.  As @Z92 has advised, we would always endeavour to install a service at the point of the original installation date.  But on occasion, unforeseen issues prevent this and we cannot know about these issues in advance.  For example we could make a check every thing was good to go on a Monday for a Thursday installation, everything be fine at that point, then come the Thursday there is an issue that prevents the install.  It really can happen like that.

I would like to get an update on your behalf, if you're still going ahead with joining Virgin Media. To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos