cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation damage with no call back as promised

Sricho3
Tuning in

I would like to raise a complaint about my Broadband service. The issue occurred on 09/08/2021. To explain in more detail Virgin installer (James) came round on the 9th to install my internet. We had chosen to move from SKY internet to Virgin (Due to poor performance and faster speeds)

The installer came round and my wife let him in, due to covid rules she went into another room to let him install. Please note that we are only getting the Virgin media 200Mb internet. (Not the TV or telephone)

I had a phone call from the installer at 16:21 to tell me that he had left his drill charger and he need to come back and collect. I was hoping to catch him as I was in the car on the way home, By the time I had got home he had been and gone. He seems very nervous when I said I was nearly home and could meet him.

When I did get home I found that he had installed the optical cable from the front street to my living room. There was some questionable installation in the front garden as the wires run over my tiles and its looks untidy. When I checked the connections in the house I had found that the installer had removed by satellite cable from my Humax freesat box and cut the cable back to the fence under the satellite dish. He has then used the hole drilled in the wall for the sat cable to install the optical cable.

This has removed my TV service.......(I have no idea why he has gone anywhere near my Free sat box or cable)

I followed the online Chat to complain and they raised a complaint on that evening . C0908211842 was raised. I received an email back to ask me to contact customer services to book an engineer.

I phoned up the next day (53 minutes) on the where I was passed round from department to department. I finally got through to a customer service member who initially stated that virgin would send an engineer to fix the issue but then put me on hold for 15 minutes to them come back and say they have a process and the issue needs to be transferred to the installation manager and he would contact me in within 5 days.

I raised a new complaint on Sat14th as I had no response to issue C140821466.

This meant that No TV service since 9th August due to Virgin installer.

**Internet has been fine since installed**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

I'm with @-tony- that I'm surprised that this seems so easy, since the terms "straightforward" and "Virgin Media" are not common bedfellows.  I hope it is, but would caution that you should be prepared for VM to struggle with this, simple though it seems.

If there is any difficulty, then you will need to raise a formal complaint with VM, asking them to pay the amount of the invoice (or credit your account) within 14 days of receipt of the complaint, and advising that if the matter is not settled promptly then you will proceed to formal recovery action.  Most VM complaints can be escalated to the industry arbitration scheme CISAS, but property damage is excluded from their remit.  If at the end of 14 days the company haven't paid up, and there is nothing to persuade you to wait a few more days, then you may wish to investigate the Money Claim Online process which is the modern version of a Small Claims Court Summons.  

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

Sricho3
Tuning in
  • I would like to raise a complaint about my Broadband service. The issue occurred on 09/08/2021. To explain in more detail Virgin installer (James) came round on the 9th to install my internet. We had chosen to move from SKY internet to Virgin (Due to poor performance and faster speeds)

The installer came round and my wife let him in, due to covid rules she went into another room to let him install. Please note that we are only getting the Virgin media 200Mb internet. (Not the TV or telephone)

I had a phone call from the installer at 16:21 to tell me that he had left his drill charger and he need to come back and collect. I was hoping to catch him as I was in the car on the way home, By the time I had got home he had been and gone. He seems very nervous when I said I was nearly home and could meet him.

When I did get home I found that he had installed the optical cable from the front street to my living room. There was some questionable installation in the front garden as the wires run over my tiles and its looks untidy. When I checked the connections in the house I had found that the installer had removed by satellite cable from my Humax freesat box and cut the cable back to the fence under the satellite dish. He has then used the hole drilled in the wall for the sat cable to install the optical cable.

This has removed my TV service.......(I have no idea why he has gone anywhere near my Free sat box or cable)

I followed the online Chat to complain and they raised a complaint on that evening . C0908211842 was raised. I received an email back to ask me to contact customer services to book an engineer.

I phoned up the next day (53 minutes) on the where I was passed round from department to department. I finally got through to a customer service member who initially stated that virgin would send an engineer to fix the issue but then put me on hold for 15 minutes to them come back and say they have a process and the issue needs to be transferred to the installation manager and he would contact me in within 5 days. 

I raised a new complaint on Sat14th as I had no response to issue C140821466.

This meant that No TV service since 9th August due to Virgin installer.

**Internet has been fine since installed**

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

have flagged this to VM - wait for them to pick it up 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

I think this has been answered on your other thread..

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

I post two of the same as I didn't realises it took a while for the post to go public. I thought my post was lost as I clicked the back button

I have managed speak to someone from VM on the chat today who has actually confirmed that if I organise a company to fix it they will refund the money with a copy of the invoice. 

This was much better than the chats and calls last week, The VM member today has actually confirmed a plan that should have been done from the first day of the complaint.

I have organised for the repair to be done today and I will send the invoice tomorrow. Will wait and see how long it takes to get my refund after this. 

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

hang on - i have never heard of that before - not saying it wont happen but it sounds like a get rid of the problem reply - i would hold fire on whoever you have booked until you get that confirmed on here

have they actually confirmed the offer in writing - an email or do you have a copy of the chat - do you have an address where to send any invoice?

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi Tony 

I do have pictures of the Chat. I even questioned the request as it sound to good to be true. 

But they confirmed it was ok, they asked for a quote and confirmed the quote cost was ok to go ahead and book. 

The local installer is due round at 12.30 to do the work.

Virgin complaint confirmation.PNGVirgin complaint.PNG

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Sricho3, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums.

If you could please keep to one post so we can best help you with this.

using the complaint references I can see the complaint is with our field team, we are unable to assist with field complaints, however, I have emailed the team's manager for an update for you, so the team will be in touch within the week to get this resolved.

If I do receive an update I will let you know asap.

Zoie

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

well that seems clear - as i said i have never heard of that before but theres always a 1st time for everything - no confirmation where to send bill but there is said to be notes on the account - VM here should be able to confirm

it looks clean and easy - we will see

Tony.
Sacked VIP