cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation across driveway

Schnorbs
Joining in

We have a monoblock driveway and need to ensure that the instillation is done properly as we are only renting. How do we speak to the contractors to know what they plan to do and to make sure our landlord will be happy with the work before it is carried out?

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Just make sure you are in attendance at the install - otherwise anything can (and does) happen.

What you might consider is installing some inconspicuous conduit tubing along the route you want the cable to take from the Tee (or another property?) to where you omnibox will be connected.

Then install a pull rope (some strong string) inside the tobing so they can pull the cable through your tube.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Schnorbs

Thanks for posting on our community forum

If you're present at the install the team will be happy to discuss what works they're looking to do, we can't confirm via here and they wouldn't be able to confirm until they come to the property on the day.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It's easy to say that the customer should be present to ensure the cable is run correctly.

But the outside cable work is often done in advance of the actual connection, by sub-contractors.  They don't always notify the customer when it will be done, and it's just about impossible to know which day they will come..

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Schnorbs

Thanks for the post 

just checking to see if you have any updates yet. 

The Team that attend may be reluctant to remove any of the Monoblock driveway incase its gets damaged

Are there any other routes that the cable could go?

Gareth_L