cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Woes

MoffaMan
Joining in

I arranged for Virgin media services on the 24th January 2022. Our estate which is around 6 years old has just had virgin cables laid. 

I expected to wait for the external work to be completed to link the street cable to the home before the interior install could be carried out, but it`s all going wrong it appears. 

Original install date to the house was the 4th February 2022, this was then cancelled literally the night before as the external work had not been completed. Fair enough I thought, allow them a bit more time to complete. isn't any issues with the external works as neighbours have had it carried out without issue and now have their services installed to the home, both up and down our street. 

rescheduled internal install for the 18th February 2022. They`ve been calling me all week to confirm the external work would happen today on the 11th February 2022. while they`ve not really been clear why they`ve been calling, it appears it was to take permission for the contractor to enter our front garden. on each call they`ve made I've confirmed this. I spoke to them last night and the girl guaranteed the work to be going ahead today. 

the external work has now been cancelled and rescheduled for the 15/2/22. i only know this as i called them when noone showed today.  i`m asking them why today was cancelled and no-one can say. if it doesnt go ahead on the 15/2/22 then the services wont be installed on the 18/2/22 and it`ll be another two weeks at least before this can be rescheduled. 

when i call no-one has the remotest idea of whats going on or why the exterior appointment seems to be having so much trouble actually being actioned. I asked to speak to complaints but was put through to someone who basically told me it takes as long as it takes and to get off the phone. 

all my neighbours have had their services installed without issue. any ideas from the virgin media experts on here how to actually get things moving or to find out why they cannot actually carry out the external works. If its simply due to resourcing of the external company they use to do this then that`s fine, but i would expect them to ask this company to prioritise my work as I've already had one failed installation appointment. 

if its something else preventing them doing so i`d like to know in case it`s something that can be resolved before the next appointment so it can go ahead. 

thanks in advance for any replies. 

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
FYI. I Just posted this in message 3 of another thread.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Delayed-Broadband-delivery/td-p/4939315

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MoffaMan,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear you're facing some complications with an installation recently. We'd absolutely be doing all that we can to get your services installed ASAP, and we get no benefit to delay this unnecessarily. I completely appreciate for you that this is both inconvenient and irritating, and I apologise for how long it's been going on for and how it's been handled.

If you need further details regarding an installation from the team, it'd be best to contact our pre-installation team on 0800 052 1734 who can investigate and advise further from there.

Please keep us in the loop with how you get on with this.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I was originally scheduled for the 4th January. After four attempts to fix the BT pipe access to be able to run the Fibre (3 in Jan and 1 in Feb) The pipe is finally fixed (as of 8th Feb). However my currently scheduled dates for the activation of service are 27th April for the external cable work and 4th May for the internal work. Appalling.

Based on the automatic compensation for the delay in providing the service I'll be owed over £600 in compensation if VM wait until this date [https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat....

There's no way to contact anyone to ask for this to be rescheduled other than to raise a complaint and I've raised two of those already and one has already missed the 28-day resolution target.  You'll note that all the "contact us" links on the VM un-helpful website result in a 404 page not found error.