Menu
ramman
Tuning in
Message 11 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation What to Expect

After 22 days of waiting from my initial install date (12th of December), the cable repull team finally arrived...

and about 2 minutes after arriving they told me that there was no visible entry point and so they would call construction.

Not really understanding the timeframe of that, I rang VM after they left, not once but three times asking when this construction would happen and each person told me that the repull was due today, don't worry, they can come back anytime between now and 6pm (yes I even told them the team had already been once and left).

Obviously nobody showed up again.

Ringing VM after 6pm I was told that the construction would take place on the 2nd of February and that they would also have to move my install date to the 5th of February.

I'm almost in awe at VM's utter incompetence.

VM had already sent out the initial engineer and had 22 days to find out that there was no entry point. Not only that but I made numerous calls asking if any construction or planning permission would be needed and each and every time I was told that there would be no problem. How is it that a company of this size fails to do the most basic checks before making arrangements and promises even after being prompted?

Right now I'm seriously considering sacking the whole thing off, going with plusnet instead, and advising everyone I know against using VM.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi ramman,
Welcome to the Forums and thanks for your post. I can only apologise that you've had a less than perfect journey since joining so far. Smiley Sad 
It's not very often this happens however when it does happen, we try and get things moving as quickly as we can. 
I'll be happy to take a look at where things stand currently to ensure you've got the latest update.
I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ramman
Tuning in
Message 13 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@Kath_F wrote:

Hi ramman,
Welcome to the Forums and thanks for your post...Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Speak soon,

Hi Kath_F, I appreciate you responding to my post and your offer to look into this.

@Kath_F wrote:
you've had a less than perfect journey since joining so far. Smiley Sad  

The whole experience has been nothing but frustrating before I even have the service.

1. Why does the site let you place an order and give you an exact install date if it not only has no idea if the install can succeed but also doesn't bother to check prior to that install date?
  2. Why didn't the first engineer perform checks to ensure that the second install didn't fail? I would have expected that at least at that point it would have been noticed that construction is needed.
  3. Why is customer support giving incorrect information? I specifically asked if planning permission/construction would be necessary, the truthful answer would have been "we don't know" whereas I was told it would be "no problem" several times. I also learned that if I hadn't rang after the second failed install not only would a third set of engineers have been sent to "finish" it (and failed), but billing would have also started.

@Kath_F wrote:
It's not very often this happens however when it does happen, we try and get things moving as quickly as we can

I would appreciate in seeing that because even if construction/install succeeds on the new dates I've been given (not at all confident), that would make a 2 month delay now. Another thing is we really shouldn't have to rely on these forums as the best source of information, but at the moment they've been much more useful than customer support.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi ramman, 

I have sent you another private message to discuss things further. 

I won't be replying publicly to this as my replies will involve account specific information and therefore can't and shouldn't be in a public space Smiley Happy 

I look forward to hearing back from you shortly. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos