Menu
ramman
Tuning in
Message 21 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation What to Expect

@Tom_S wrote:

When you spoke to the engineers did they advise what to expect regarding the next steps with your installation?

Only what I already mentioned when they (and the text) indicated that the track needs to be extended to my property to bring the cable through, which could take 2 months...

As far as I understand what needs to be done is as follows:

1. Extend the track to my property
  2. Install the tee? (I've been told previously this is already in place but who knows)
  3. Pull the cables
  4. Install the brown box and finish the installation

@Tom_S wrote:

Have you spoken to the installation team yet about the scheduling for the additional construction work that needs to take place?

Yes and nobody gave me any more information than what's already showing on my account as my next order date, which is the 20th of March. In particular I've not been given any information about construction (other than previously saying it was all complete...).

In fact when I rang the preinstall team they

• Had no idea the engineers had already visited
  • Had no idea the install had failed again
  • Seemed completely clueless on the specific construction issue raised (seemingly no track)
  • Had no idea on the construction schedule

What I want is exactly the same as what I've wanted from the beginning

1. For Virgin to have a precise understanding of what's required for construction and install
  2. A guarantee that the necessary construction and install will happen by specific dates

i.e. no more surprised engineers or delays.

0 Kudos
ramman
Tuning in
Message 22 of 27
Flag for a moderator

@Tom_S wrote:

When you spoke to the engineers did they advise what to expect regarding the next steps with your installation?

Only what I already mentioned when they (and the text) indicated that the track needs to be extended to my property to bring the cable through, which could take 2 months...

2. Install the tee? (I've been told previously this is already in place but who knows)
  3. Pull the cables

@Tom_S wrote:

Have you spoken to the installation team yet about the scheduling for the additional construction work that needs to take place?

Yes and nobody gave me any more information than what's already showing on my account as my next order date, which is the 20th of March. In particular I've not been given any information about construction (other than previously saying it was all complete...).

• Seemed completely clueless on the specific construction issue raised (seemingly no track)

1. For Virgin to have a precise understanding of what's required for construction and install
  2. A guarantee that the necessary construction and install will happen by specific dates

0 Kudos
ramman
Tuning in
Message 23 of 27
Flag for a moderator

@Tom_S wrote:

Only what I already mentioned when they (and the call) indicated that the track needs to be extended to my property to bring the cable through, which could take 2 months...

3. Pull the cables

@Tom_S wrote:

0 Kudos
ramman2
Just joined
Message 24 of 27
Flag for a moderator

@Tom_S wrote:

Only what I already mentioned when they (and the call) indicated that the track needs to be extended to my property to bring the cable through, which could take 2 months...

3. Pull the cables

@Tom_S wrote:

(can't seem to post a reply on my other account not sure why)

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Good morning ramman, 

I have sent you a private message so I can provide an update on your installation.   

Regards,   

Dean C

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
ramman
Tuning in
Message 26 of 27
Flag for a moderator

@Lucy_B wrote:

Good morning ramman, 

I have sent you a private message so I can provide an update on your installation.   

Regards,   

Dean C

Hi Dean,

I don't seem to have any private messages from you, can you please resend?

Also either this forum is broken or someone is deleting my attempts to reply to this thread (both directly and via new forum posts), so for the nth time I am going to post my previous reply...

@Tom_S wrote:

3. Pull the cables

@Tom_S wrote:

0 Kudos
ramman
Tuning in
Message 27 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Glad to see my posts finally showed up, of course they're now duplicated, here's a screenshot I took of my final response showing the absence of my other posts (you really need to fix your forum Virgin)...

post.png

Anyway just an update, I finally spoke to someone who knew what they're talking about.

And of course the issue is exactly as expected, no track leading to my property which apparently needs 6-8 weeks to construct.

Of course, if Virgin management had acted competently from the beginning and noticed this it would be done by now (as opposed to the 4 failed/wasted engineer visits).

I've been offered absolutely nothing due to this additional delay (other than canned apologies) and it looks like it will be ~136 days since my original install date (12th of December).

Whilst I have a slight appreciation that Virgin may finally know what they're doing, it's definitely hollow given all the delays/lies.

My next install date is scheduled for the 20th of March (only 3 weeks) is Virgin really going to stick to it this time and have the construction finished before then? (5th time is the charm?)

0 Kudos