cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Shambles

C_dugg
Tuning in

Hello virgin media community

I am having real issues with the installation of my virgin media broadband. 

The installation date was supposed to be 23/08. When I ordered the product (500mbps broadband) more than 6 weeks before this date, I was told that no pre-survey or pre-work was required, as my block ‘already had Virgin’. 

When the (very unhelpful) engineer turned up, he told me that the cabling wasn’t in place, and that someone would contact me to arrange a ‘external installation’ of the proper cabling. After an hour on hold, I managed to get someone to put unlimited data on my sim-only bolt on to get me through the week. It was promised that the install would take place before the end of the week period. 

I have now been told that the external install won’t take place until Sunday with an unconfirmed timetable of when I might actually be able to receive WiFi. I won’t even be provided a time slot, so am expected to plan my whole bank holiday Sunday around an engineer that may or may not turn up.

I have had no confirmation that the unlimited data was even applied to my account. I still have no wifi and with two people working from home this is quite challenging. I just want to speak to someone who a) speaks the same language as the country I am ordering from and b) understands the situation.

Can anyone provide any help? Much appreciated in advance!

15 REPLIES 15

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello C_dugg

Thanks for the post and sorry for the hassle you are having getting set up 

I am happy to take a look at this for you and update you on the situation 

I will need to send you a private message to pass security first though 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello C_dugg

Thanks for those details 

I have had a look at this and can see

We need a 2 man team to come out and pull a new cable

This is always booked in on the day and is done when we have 2 technicians available

So if you were to call it will always be advised today its being done 

Once it has been done then then the install gets booked in 

With it being Bank Holiday weekend, I will chase this up for you 

However it may not get looked at until Monday/Tuesday at the earliest 

But don't worry we have a very good way of escalating things from here 

I will keep you updated along the way 

Gareth_L

Sorry, I just want to clarify:

- I was told over the phone that people were attending to do the ‘cable pull’ on Sunday 29th (i.e. yesterday)

- I was also told that I would be given unlimited data on my sim only bolt on that would be extended if the installation was delayed past the 1 week mark (now currently 10 days post when I was due to start receiving the service). I was told it would be confirmed in an email that this was the case.

Can you confirm that both of these things have been done? Could you also kindly confirm that I will have my first bill discounted to reflect non-service for the period?

Thanks 

C

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello C_dugg

Thank you for the update 

I have asked and escalated this to see if we can bring the Repull forward 

As soon as I have an update Ai shall let you know 

Gareth_L

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@C_dugg wrote:
 Could you also kindly confirm that I will have my first bill discounted to reflect non-service for the period?

Thanks 

Your monthly bill will not start until the service is connected and working.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Z92
Trouble shooter

Once they know your service has not started on the correct day, they'll cancel your contract and start a new contract on the day it actually does start. This means you'll be charged from the day you get service and also that your 14 days cooling off period also starts on that day.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi C_dugg

Just a quick message to say this is still in hand and I have not forgot about this 

Gareth_L

I've still had no further update as to when the cable pull or install will take place??

Hi C_dugg

Thanks for coming back to us. There's been no update from checking, this probably means we're struggling to be able to move it forward.

If it's a possibility, you will be contacted to offer this newer slot.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill