cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Question

sovike77
Joining in

Hi,

So in about 2 weeks I’ll be joining Virgin Media. I went with the ultimate oomph bundle for £70 a month. M500 Internet with all the tv channels etc.

Anyways, I want the router in a different room to both the tv boxes and I want both boxes to be connected via the coax. Struggling to find an answer online.

Cheers

4 REPLIES 4

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Not a ptroblem.  When the technician comes to install, just be very clear where you want everything and they will do what you want.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
As jpeg1 says... give it some thought now - particularly where the Hub is to be located as its wifi is best described as... "not premier league". So if you arent going to use your own router/wifi equipment you will want to ensure it is centrally located and away from any potential interfering "agents".

Also your TV boxes will need connecting to the Hub (as well as the coax) - this can be done on wifi - but is always best done on ethernet cables. So a Hub location that allows you to run cables to them will help that.... in case the Wifi signal is poor at the TV box loations.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @sovike77,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

As has been advised in this thread, if you make the engineer aware during their visit where you would like for things to be installed and placed, they'll do everything that they can to accommodate that for you.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@sovike77 wrote:

Hi,

So in about 2 weeks I’ll be joining Virgin Media. I went with the ultimate oomph bundle for £70 a month. M500 Internet with all the tv channels etc.

Anyways, I want the router in a different room to both the tv boxes and I want both boxes to be connected via the coax. Struggling to find an answer online.

Cheers

There will be 3 connections to the coax as the router also connects via coax to Virgin's network.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks