Menu
dhayden1968
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Installation Problems

Rejoining Virgin after moving home. So I was due to have an installation on 10th November. Engineer turned up and said there was no cabling from local box to the house. This needed a new job. Next available slot was 22nd November. This means I would be without internet and TV for nearly two weeks.

When I spoke to sales guy he said he would send someone one before install date to check cabling was in place - this was clearly not done - I guess he was only interested in making the sale rather than making sure I would actually get what I wanted when I wanted.

Phoned the "support" line today to see what could be done and if I would be compensated. Woman i spoke to couldn't have been less helpful and basically said it was tough and if I didn't like it I could just cancel. Seems Virgin support has got a lot worse since I was last a customer 18 months ago.

I am worried that i wait until 22nd and then there is another problem and I have an even longer wait..

I also don't understand why  job like this cannot be expedited - surely the engineers have cancellations that means an earlier slot could be found ??

A very unhappy "new" customer

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation Problems

Hi dhayden1968,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to hear about what's happened.

I'd certainly like to look into this for you and also register your dissatisfaction so I'm just going to send you a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Talk to you soon 

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
DavidH4
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation Problems

I have exactly the same problem nd have been told it will be 4 to 7 weeks to sort the cabling. Having had the installation booked for almost a month. why were the installation team not aware of the cabling problem. I'm without intent or phone as Virgin have swith ed my number from BT. for a household that runs all.media and smart items online this is a talk problem and is unacceptable.
0 Kudos