cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Problems

JC2023
Joining in

WIthin the last 7 days we have gone live with the Virgin Media installation. The installation externally has been done in such a poor manner with no considerations taken on the routing of the fibre cable.

The cable was meant to run behind a fence line instead of directly across the driveway and then fed into a crack in the concrete.

I have filed a complaint before the go live and they have been unresponsive since with no update

The engineer that came and did the install agreed the external installation was very very poor.

Customer Services are based overseas they do not understand any the requests or the complaint that has been filed.

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@JC2023 wrote:

WIthin the last 7 days we have gone live with the Virgin Media installation. The installation externally has been done in such a poor manner with no considerations taken on the routing of the fibre cable.

<snip>

Suggest you post up some photos of the problem(s). Shoddy workmanship during installations is a regular topic of complaint on here.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If you are still within the 14 day cooling off period, call customer services. Choose the option for 'thinking of leaving us' and say you are leaving because of the appalling installation.  They will get it fixed. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Morning @JC2023, thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the poor installation that you have received from our field team. 

I understand that since your post you have been able to speak to our team in relation to this matter.

Do please report back to us with any updates you have, and we'll be on hand to assist where required.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

JC2023
Joining in

We are now in Feb 2023 - Still UNRESOLVED.

116912_23169 - was the complaint reference i was given.

Hi JC2023,

Sorry to hear you're waiting on an update. I've popped an email over to the area manager to chase this.

Alex_Rm