Menu
mikey_9d
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Installation Problems Hub 3

Hi,

I received my order today. Gone to plug in my router and there is a cable that i am not able to connect as I dont have the relevant connections on my wall. How do i go about getting my wifi up and running??

Plus will this cost me anything at all?  

0 Kudos
MatthewS1993
Dialled in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation Problems Hub 3

If there isn’t a isolater on the wall you’ll have to call and ask for a manned install. Not sure of any prices tho 

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such
0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@mikey_9d wrote:

Hi,

I received my order today. Gone to plug in my router and there is a cable that i am not able to connect as I dont have the relevant connections on my wall. How do i go about getting my wifi up and running??

Plus will this cost me anything at all?  

Could you post an image of what you have?

0 Kudos
mikey_9d
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

This is my old connecter we received from our other provider. 

WhatsApp Image 2021-12-20 at 10.28.04 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-12-20 at 10.28.03 PM.jpeg

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@mikey_9d wrote:

This is my old connecter we received from our other provider. 

WhatsApp Image 2021-12-20 at 10.28.04 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-12-20 at 10.28.03 PM.jpeg

That's a fibre connection.

VM uses a coax connection, usually via an 'NTL' or VM box on the outside and inside of your home.

0 Kudos
mikey_9d
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I know it a fibre connection. but i wasn't told that i couldnt use it. Virgin knew i was with another provider and that i am a new customer not a existing 1. so why would i have there connectors in my house 

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@mikey_9d wrote:

I know it a fibre connection. but i wasn't told that i couldnt use it. Virgin knew i was with another provider and that i am a new customer not a existing 1. so why would i have there connectors in my house 

VM only send out self install kits if the address has had VM previously.

I assume that the cabling was removed at some point without VM being made aware?

Regardless a VM staff member should be able to arrange an engineer visit.

MatthewS1993
Dialled in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

To get a Quick start sent out means it’s been in before by a previous tenant at the house. 

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such
0 Kudos
mikey_9d
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

excellent. Thank you very much for your help. And sorry if i came across a little arsey. Just annoyed thats all. So i Apologise. Maybe VM should put that down as a question they need to ask then saves people having this issues in the future. i think i have booked an engineer out correctly so only time will tell. Will ring VM tomorrow and double check

Once Again Apologises for my rudeness and Thank You 

0 Kudos
MatthewS1993
Dialled in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No problem have a good xmas

0 Kudos