cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Nightmare!

BigPhil751
Tuning in

I've been having major issues trying to get Virgin installed and I'm wondering if I'm just unlucky or simply suffering from the terrible customer service that Virgin Media has a reputation for.

The timeline is as follows:

30th Nov - Sign up for the top package (Ultimate Volt), installation booked for the 17th Dec

Early Dec - Technician arrives for the pre-pull and discovers that the CATV box has been tarmacked over by the council, so they have been instructed to uncover it

6th Dec - Council uncover the CATV box

17th Dec - Pre-pull not completed, nobody turns up to install my services or bothers to call to notify me that it will not be happening 

18th Dec - I complain and the installation is rebooked for the 11th Jan

11th Jan - Installation technician arrives at 5.30pm and tells me that he cannot install my services as the pre-pull has still not taken place

12th-17th Jan - I make multiple phone calls to customer services / pre-installation team / field support team to try and establish what the issue is - I keep getting told that the installation will take place on that day as scheduled - nobody ever turns up  

17th Jan - I ask for the Area Manager to call me and I'm told that he will contact me within 48 hours

21st Jan - The area manager does not bother to contact me, so I have to make another call to the pre-install team who rebook my installation for the 28th Feb.

28th Jan - As I sit and write this, the pre-pull has still not been completed

Call me cynical, but I currently have little faith that anyone will ever turn up to complete the pre-pull and I deeply regret being seduced by the Marketing and ending my contract with Sky (who I'd been a happy customer of for 25 years).

Has anyone else had similar issues? I'd love to know as my patience is being tested beyond belief.... 

6 REPLIES 6

Alphonsus
Tuning in

You are not alone.  I signed up on the 24th of September 2021 and I just had my fifth delayed activation confirmed on Tuesday the 26th of January 2022.  I've ended up signing up to this forum in the forlorn hope that I can get some help because the customer service via telephone is absolutely shocking.  To be fair, I don't blame anyone I've spoken to, as they seem to be doing their best, but they clearly do not have access to, or the procedures in place to help with install issues.  It seems to me that a little better communication with their customers wouldn't go amiss and in my case would likely have sped things up.  Believe it or not, the delay to my installation appears to be the lack of an access point for the third-party contractor to pull the cable to.  The cable puller has attended my property four times only to find the issue has not been corrected.  Guess what?  Just ten feet further along the face of the property, ideally placed to run a cable up the wall to my flat, is a Virgin Media access point, yes that is correct it has Virgin Media embossed on it.  I kid you not, you could not make it up and if I did no one would believe me.

Unfortunately, as you can see, your situation is not an outlier.  Anyway, good luck with your installation, I hope it doesn't take much longer.

Sorry to hear that. Four months wait…that’s insane!

I agree that the call centre staff are all polite and nice, but unfortunately they lack the power to get anything done and it appears impossible to speak to anyone who can. I just want to have a discussion with a manager, but it is proving impossible.

I hope your issue gets resolved soon.

Hey @Alphonsus,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm sorry to hear of the installation issues that you've had, I have been able to check our systems and can see that a new appointment has been booked in for you, have the team been in touch to advise this?

Would you like me to raise a complaint on your behalf for the experience that you've had with your install?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hello Steve, thank you for replying to my query. I have posted a response in my original thread.  Thanking you in advance.

Hi Steven

Please can I raise a complaint. I’ve been waiting over two months for the pre-pull to be completed and I’ve missed two installation dates.

I’d like to speak with a Manager who can make sure the pre-pull will be completed before my next scheduled Installation date arrives.

Thanks

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi BigPhil751, 

I am sorry for the experience you've had here - I can appreciate how frustrating this must be. 

I will send you over a private message so I can take some details from you. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.