Menu
Marc123
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Installation Farce

Installation has been cancelled twice. Both times on the day prior to installation. Now waiting for third date. When notified of first cancellation told delay due to work needed on blocked ducts that a permit had been applied for and approved by the council and work would be done ready for installation tomorrow. Had call today cancelling for second time and told the same story as if it was a new update. Clearly no work has happened in the last two weeks and no explanation could be provided. This is clearly terrible customer service. I had cancelled sky and have been without internet for several weeks and now a further two with no real guarantee installation won’t be cancelled again. This is proving very expensive as having to buy data sims to tether too. Another broadband provider would take a week to activate anyway. Virgin media can’t even provide a complimentary data sim on Virgin mobile saying it’s a different company. This doesn’t stop them trying to up sell you a mobile sim when you order media. Assume others have had similar issues.
0 Kudos
Marc123
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation Farce

Additionally the new installation dates are always pushed back two weeks and no offer of prioritisation. Will have been waiting over 6 weeks
0 Kudos
Tudor
Community elder
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well later in the year you will be able to claim for missed appointments. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Marc123
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

What sort of claim?
0 Kudos
dnpark38
Rising star
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@wrote:
What sort of claim?

New arrangements with Ofcom

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/media/media-releases/2017/automatic-compensation

VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone.
0 Kudos
Marc123
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks is this actually in place now? It says plans are for 2019
0 Kudos
dnpark38
Rising star
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@wrote:
Thanks is this actually in place now? It says plans are for 2019

Tudor did say in the future in their post.

VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone.
0 Kudos
Marc123
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Any idea if you’d be able to backclaim?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Marc123, 

Welcome to the Forums and thanks for your post. I can only apologise that you've had a less than perfect journey since joining so far. Smiley Sad 

It's not very often this happens however when it does happen, we try and get things moving as quickly as we can. 

I'll be happy to take a look at where things stand currently to ensure you've got the latest update.

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos