cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Delays

zirgin
Tuning in

Hi I have been waiting since 15th Nov 2020 for my installation at a new build property. I have had 2 pre-pull guys from Kier show up but they have no done any work. I am now being told they will come back but no one has shown up for weeks and I do not know what to do.

Can anyone help me. I can only get Virgin Media at my property so I am reliant on them. But with no one coming to do the cable pull I do not know what else I can do other than just pray that the Kier guys turn up and actually do the work rather than walking off.

3 REPLIES 3

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi zirgin,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear your installation has been rescheduled many times and that you haven't been informed what the issue is, IU have been able to locate your account with the details we have for you and can see you have spoken to us since your last post, were you able to get an update and a new install date?

Regards

Paul.

Hi the property is a new build property. It appears there is an issue with the ducting from the manhole to my property. I have had many guys come out and the do not know how to pull the cable to my property or the neighbouring properties. I have contacted the new build manager, and he is coming around next week, so therefore I am hoping he can resolve the issue. My issue is the Kier guys who come have no clue. I do not know who is wrong and who is right. Either the developer did not install the ducting correctly or I do not know. Seems like I need to be an engineer myself to know what is going on. But not one is taking responsibility. 

Thanks. 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for letting us know @zirgin

Do keep us updated & let us know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Zak_M