Menu
_NZonline
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Installation Delays

Phone and broadband setup had been scheduled for August 10th in the morning

With less than 24 hours notice (and no valid reason) I am being told a different story and the installation date is now set for August 30th which is almost 3 weeks delay.

I have been in contact with Virgin Media through message, gone back and forth with @virginmedia on twitter to no avail and on the phone with the installation team who offered no follow up solution.

My current provider is cutting us off today and now myself and family will be left in complete broadband limbo during the school holiday. Also I rely on my laptop being online for work so this is doubly inconvenient

Wondering if anybody with a similar past experience can offer advice. What were the stated reasons and how can I escalate further and/or be compensated for the 20 day delay?

Thanks from a very perturbed new customer

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation Delays

what was the reason for your delay?
0 Kudos
_NZonline
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I was not given any reason at all

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi _NZonline

Welcome to our community. Disappointing to hear that you're installation has been delayed and you have not been giving any indication why.

I will get this looked in to. I will pop you over a private message, click the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Thanks Jodi.

0 Kudos
_NZonline
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Latest update on the topic.

An engineer came over this morning to find out the drop cables were not present and the installation could not take place. Shouldn't a cable check have taken place way before to confirm this?

So internet is delayed indefinitely yet again!! I have absolutely no indication of what is happening now. I've waited over 5 weeks since ordering the broadband and I've had to fork out for temporary 4g internet to avoid interruption to my work. I have not even been given a timeframe for a new appointment this time. Extremely disappointed with virgin media's unprofessional approach. I just want to know how compensation can be claimed for this whole ordeal 

0 Kudos