cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Delay (after delay after delay)

JamesB1995
On our wavelength

I moved into a rented property in what will be a year ago in a couple of weeks.

After trying to get some broadband installed I was told by Virgin Media that they were unable to get broadband at my property with little to no explanation. 10 months later and I notice my new neighbour is getting Virgin Fibre Broadband installed. I went and spoke to the technician who told me that I definitely should be able to get it at my property too and gave me a number to ring (thank the lord for this as Virgin Customer service is amongst the worst I’ve ever experienced).

I was told it was because my address was down as a commercial property and needed to be changed to a residential one. Why I wasn’t told this 10 months ago or the multiple times I called in between I have no idea. The process in changing this took several weeks and then I was contacted to set up and install date (remedial work followed by a second date for the installation).

2 months later and several date changes I still don’t have it installed. Whenever I call I am told the remedial work needs to be completed. It’s been 2 months why hasn’t it been I ask. Of course no answer. I am told to ‘rest assure’ the install will go ahead. Yeah right!

i have tried calling the the person who I set all this up with and am constantly being ignored.

I don’t know what I’m supposed to do. I know when it comes to the next install date I will be told the remedial works still haven’t been completed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JamesB1995
On our wavelength

Update.

now delayed until 01/11.

what a joke this is.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A VM person will take a look for you when they get here soon

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JamesB1995

Thanks for posting on our community forum and I'm so sorry to hear about the mishap with your install.

Please bare with me as I drop you a private message to investigate this further - please keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

JamesB1995
On our wavelength

Update.

now delayed until 01/11.

what a joke this is.

JamesB1995
On our wavelength

Now delayed until 10/12.

been on phone for 1 hour 29 mins to be cut off. Whoever was on the other end of the phone even accidentally took my off hold and I could hear her complaining how she’s ‘f’ing making her life hard’

absolutely shocking 

can anyone here give me any contact of someone with some authority because the staff at this company are a joke

@JamesB1995 wrote:

Now delayed until 10/12......can anyone here give me any contact of someone with some authority because the staff at this company are a joke

Similar questions have been asked before, and the answers are in this thread.  Not the answers you want to hear, mind.  

Hi JamesB1995,

Thanks for your update on this installation issue, I am sorry this is still ongoing. 

I am afraid all we can do here on the forums is apologise and the delays and confirm if the complaint case is with the correct team, which I can see it is. 

We appreciate the frustration this must be causing, we appreciate your patience during this delay. 

Kind regards, 

Megan_L

Were you connected in the end? I'm at three months of delays currently with no end in sight. I've spent over four hours on the phone so want to at least know that it will be successful in the end

JamesB1995
On our wavelength

Unfortunately not Tim. Still nowhere nearer. 

hopefully you have better luck!

@JamesB1995 wrote:

Unfortunately not Tim. Still nowhere nearer. 

hopefully you have better luck!

But you are, I trust, looking forward to receiving the OFCOM mandated compensation of £5.25 per day for each and every day past your first guaranteed installation date, aren't you?

You will probably not be surprised to hear that although this is all supposed to be clear and automatic, you will almost certainly be given the full range of BS excuses as to why they are not liable to pay, 'it was only a provisional date', 'waiting for local authority permission', 'designated workman lost his shovel', 'CEO's dog ate the work order', 'it's a two man job and we only sent one'.

No worries, when this does happen, you can post back on here for further advise - note that even if you have had enough and cancel, VM are still liable to pay this up until the day you cancel.