Menu
hk21x
Joining in
Message 1 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Installation Anger

Yesterday I was meant to have Virgin installed to my property. I was told I would have an engineer install the service between 1PM and 6PM. Engineer turned up, the pre-install team had not been here and therefore had not completed their work (required for the installation team to do their job) and therefore, they couldn't do anything and left.

I then contacted Virgin's support team by two avenues, both text and phone call. Both people informed me that the pre-installation team would be out later that day and the installation team would return to complete my installation by 6PM.

Low and behold, no-one arrived and nothing was done. Not only have I taken a day off work now which was entirely wasted, being that I work from home, it's now costing me more money as I have no internet and have to work off of flaky 4G connections.

I called up late last night and was informed the area manager would ring me that night or early this morning, yet again nothing. Do you guys actually have your own teams do this stuff or does everyone just pas the buck? Horrendous start to my experience with the company, it's quite simple. Send the pre-installation team out, TICK, then send the installation team out, TICK, I'm online. What's so difficult?

EDIT: To add, not once have Virgin returned any calls or got back to me. I'm constantly doing the chasing to get the service live, yet here I am still sitting twiddling my thumbs. I'm not asking for the World.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 2 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation Anger

Keep phoning up, you should get some compensation for the missed appointment with the new rules. Unfortunately I do not know exactly how much. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
hk21x
Joining in
Message 3 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Have done. To no avail yet, playing the waiting game for this manager call back and someone on live chat has reportedly taken responsibility and will let me know later today.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 40
Flag for a moderator

call backs dont happen or rarely - you will find hens teeth quicker and easier so dont wait for them to happen

they use that line and many others - taking responsibility is another to end the call and get you off the phone - if you push it dropping the line can be the next thing

you will have to take responsibility and do the pushing and phoning

working from home on a domestic service is not a good idea long term - its not strictly against their T & C's but if and when it goes wrong in the future theres no SLA so no compensation for loss of earnings etc 

Tony
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Hi hk21x, 

Welcome to our community forums! 

Really sorry to hear you've been having problems with your installation.

Have you had any contact from us since your post? If not let us know and we will be more than happy to take a closure look at this for you. 

You can see more about our auto compensation scheme here.

Look forward to hearing from you, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
hk21x
Joining in
Message 6 of 40
Flag for a moderator

I have however unfortunately, to no avail. So far I'm stuck with that you're awaiting a permit or something from the council to dig up part of the path, but it took ~11 contacts from myself to get to that point. I've not been given a date of installation now and I am endlessly awaiting until I magically see a hole in the path outside my house.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Hi hk21x, 

Again apologies for this experience.

We would normally advise to allow 6-8 weeks for us to carry out any construction works, however I can see this has been flagged to the area field manger which means it should be dealt with in a more timely manner. There's not much more I can do at this point, but please keep us updated and let us know if we can help you with anything in the meantime. I am more than happy to check back on this again for you next week if needed 🙂 

Many thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
hk21x
Joining in
Message 8 of 40
Flag for a moderator

No progression so far. More lies told by multiple different teams, now still pending this permit being granted to which no ETA was given. So far they're £25 per day (according to ofcom) in debt for 6 days = £150 of credit. I wonder how long this will go on for

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 40
Flag for a moderator

ummm its 5 quid a day for an uncompleted install.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

hk21x
Joining in
Message 10 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Being that everyday I'm logging into my Virgin portal and it's assigning that day as the date of installation, surely that constitutes them missing the appointment they set for that day?

> "Missed appointments would also attract compensation of £25"

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2019/03/automatic-compensation-goes-live-for-uk-broadband-isp-...

0 Kudos