cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install - what have they done

doodaa
Joining in

Hi apologies if this is the wrong place.   Trying to join Virgin - although doubtful I will ever get connected.  I won't list all the cancelled install dates, dozens of tele calls made or excuses so far given over the last month.  Can I query the install - see image below - how cabling is normally left?  They tell me its my fault as I have external insulation (paid £15K only last week now with holes in it  with a virgin box on upside down).   The 100 year old wall outside my property has a piece of lopsided brown trunking screwed into it.   Tarmac on the driveway infilled with a bit of grubby cement !     I may cry.

Its my fault as the walls are thickIts my fault as the walls are thick

9 REPLIES 9

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You are in the right place 😀

Post a few more photos - so the full extent of the issues can be seen by the VM people when they get here in a day or so

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi doodaa,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are really sorry to hear about the failed install and the damage left to your property, please can yo add some more images so I can see exactly what has happened so UI can take this to the area field managers?

What I will also do is invite you into a private chat so I can get some more information and clear security, I will send a invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

regards

Paul. 

Thank you John.    Will post shortly.  

doodaa
Joining in

Additional visuals 

IMG_1157.jpgIMG_1157.jpgIMG_1157.jpgIMG_1158.jpgIMG_1159.jpgIMG_1160.jpgIMG_1161.jpg

No purple envelope. Additional visuals posted

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Debbie,

have now sent all pictures to the area managers to look into also to chase up the install and make sure it goes ahead.

Regards

Paul.

Update.   Several pm’s off Paul - most security related.   Invite to local ASM to call me but nothing.   Install outside slightly changed.  Cable cut off and joined (to give an inch of slack) with more cut outs in the floor to place cable so not a trip hazard but still sticking out.   No protection on new render so that is yellow now not white despite attention clean it.   Box changed but a finger pulls it off the wall (an hour to fetch longer screws!) so now sitting on the ground.   Oh, an install internally now cancelled by email and put back another two weeks.   It’s getting worse.  

Hi doodaa,

I am really sorry this has been sent to the area field Managers and will be picked up ASAP.

I will be taking ownership of this and will continue to chase it up.

regards

Paul.;