cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install saga - Virgin keep sending the wrong Kier Team

donstokesy
Tuning in

Had the PreSurvey about 6 weeks ago where the Kier team marked everything out, where a new Tee needs to be installed and where the cable will be routed 

Every week since a Kier cable-pull team has been sent instead of of the dig/groundwork team to install a Tee, this has happened 4 or 5 times now and I call 08000521734 and end up with the indian call centre who are of no help at all. I have even put the Keir team on the phone call to explain the problem but the next week the same thing happens, wrong team are sent.  Ive spent hours on the phone and not got anywhere.

I can see on https://one.network/ that a council permit is active with the state "Planned work about to start" with dates set as today and tomorrow. 

Im hoping that a real VM employee picks this up and is able to help me and get the correct team sent because each time my activation date gets pushed back and its going to leave me without internet.

7 REPLIES 7

donstokesy
Tuning in
Forgot to mention a Kier Pull team arived this morning (again) saying that they are the wrong team.

The councils permit ends today and as yet there are no sign of any contractors

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, donstokesy,

sorry to hear that you install hasn't gone as planned. Have you spoken to the team since your post to get an update?

Let us know if you need further help.

Cheers,

Corey C

Hi Cory,

I spoke to the VM construction dept yesterday they said the work has been pushed back till today.  But today, nobody has arrived yet and i dont expect anyone to now as its getting a bit late in the day.

Kier cable pull teams come to the house weekly but then go because there is no Tee unit put into the road for them to pull the cable to!  they ask me to Contact virgin and ask that a dig team is sent.

A Local Authority Permit was granted for work to take place this was for 13-14th July, but looking at https://one.network/ this permit has now been cancelled.

Just very confused as to what is going on and cant understand why the wrong team keeps getting sent.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Dont cancel your current ISP contract until VM is installed and working.

If you dont have one look and sign up with another provider (monthly contract) - when VM is installed you have 14 days wherein you cancel the package and incur no costs and stick with the new ISP - or stick with VM and cancel the other.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for your reply, I'll send you a private message to confirm your account details.

Cheers,

Corey C

Thanks John,

Good advice, dont know if it is possible but i'm going to try to uncancel my BT-based ISP  until this all gets installed.

I mistakenly thought as the Pit is 2cm from my drive, 6 weeks would be enought time to dig my drive (or the lawns parallel to it) and it was the furthest out I could book an install, when i signed up.

Apart from the lies and missinformation you get from the offshore call centre, and wrong expectations being set at the sales/order stage,  Its really the lack of comunication that is frustrating part; neither Keir nor I seem able to report back and tell Virgin the wrong team are being tasked, being told oh itll happen tomorrow/ next week - and then it doesnt or the wrong team turn up again!  I have no idea when my neighbours are going to be inconvenencied, no idea when my drive is going to dug up, etc etc..   its become a bit of a running joke on our street!