cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install of Virgin Media

nelsibrun
Joining in

Hi, I’m having Virgin Media installed into my property which has never had VM before so has no box on the wall.

We’ve got Virgin right outside our front wall on one of the triangles in the ground, one of the Virgin pre-install engineers popped round today to have a chat to show me what they’d do during the install - he also advised me that Virgin themselves don’t do the construction work of taking the cables from the pavement to a box on the property, it’s outsourced to an external company.

He also advised that I could do with being at home when these chaps come along and do the work, so I could tell them where I wanted the box on the wall going (to make it simple and clean on Virgin install day) but then also told me that there’s no contact number for the construction guys and that they don’t have a date.

I know first hand that sometimes they don’t turn up before the install date and it gets knocked back… anyone ever had any experience with the company that do the cabling and know any way of getting in contact? I’m sure it can’t be impossible.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi nelsibrun, thanks for the message and posting on the forums. It does look like this is what is known as a repull and you would not need to be home when this is done. The team would be a two person crew and they would pull the cable from the cabinet to the brown omni box o the property ready for the installation. If there is no omni box they would install one. This can be done at any point until the date of installation. - Chris