cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install delay and link to O2

KnownMaynard
Joining in

My install has been delayed as the engineer who was sent out is only able to do the internal part of the install and I first need a new connection from the street to the external wall of my house. Annoyingly I told them this was needed when I placed the order and was told he’d be able to do both. So far, so Virgin…

This second appointment has apparently been booked for 9 June 22, but my concern is that in the meantime my O2 account which is part of the package has been made active. If on the 9 June they tell me they cannot connect me for some reason I would cancel Virgin, but by then I will have passed the 14 day cooling off period with O2 and be liable to cancellation fees with them for early termination. O2 told me I can cancel now but cannot delay starting the contract with them. They did say I could cancel and start a new one with them, but that would impact by Virgin contract. 

i was passed through 6 different departments on the phone with Virgin today and don’t really want to have to go through all that again if anyone has an idea where to go with this? I honestly have no trust that they are even sending the correct engineer for this new appointment nor that they will be able to connect me properly. So really, I wonder if it’s best to just cancel now and stick with BT or if there is someone in Virgin who can actually help me, and if so how do I get through to them?

4 REPLIES 4

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi KnownMaynard, 

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear of the delays with your installation and your experience when contacting the team. I appreciate this must be frustrating and we would want to do all we can to help. 

I would like to take a look at your account from our side to check on the orders and progress for the install. In order to do this, I will just need to pop you over a private message to confirm some details. 

This message will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

I now have a brown box on the wall but today my engineer failed to turn up for the 8-13h appointment I have been given so I am still not connected. I spoke to 3 people who tried to find out why the appointment was missed but I am none the wiser. I don’t really care why, what I really want is to know when I can get connected but no one can tell me.

In the meantime O2 have started charging me for the SIM part of my deal while my broadband and TV are not even connected. The only value for me moving my existing mobile to O2 is if I also have the Virgin package. I can’t cancel O2 now without paying an early cancellation penalty. 

I am fed up with receiving emails and texts from Virgin telling me to track my account setup or view my appointment online when it is clearly not possible to do so until you have been connected. 

warning to others: don’t go for the O2 deals unless you know you will get setup correctly. 

Make sure you keep a record of the compensation you are owed for late installation and missed appointments:

Am I eligible for automatic compensation? | Virgin Media Help

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @KnownMaynard,

I'm really sorry to hear that things weren't set up at the time of your post. I can see that you're currently PMing with Natalie in regards to this issue. I've also ran some checks on our end, and can now see that things are up and running.

If you have any further queries regarding this, feel free to pop Natalie a PM and she can look into it for you 🙂

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ