cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Virgin in new flat

ItsDanH
Joining in

Hi,

I want to get Virgin Broadband installed into my flat, it is available throughout most of my town and the adjacent buildings but not specifically into our building. 

I've spoken to the landlord/freeholder and they want to know what would need to be done in order to get an installation into the building, where should I direct them?

Thanks,

Dan 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for coming back to us @ItsDanH.

I can check with our expansion teams to see if it would be possible now to get your property serviced or if they have any plans to do so in the future.

I will send over a private message, to get a few details from you to be able to look into this further for you.

Please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ItsDanH 

May I ask, is it a purpose built block of flats or is it a converted house?

Thanks,

Christy 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi Christy, 

It's a small purpose built flat block. 

I think I actually spoke to you last spring about it, but had to call it off as the landlord wasn't interested. But now they would like to know more. 

Thanks,

Dan

Hi @ItsDanH

Sounds like what we'll need to do is see if the property can be installed firstly. When you use our website to sign up does it give you any options? It should ask if you own the property or not. When you select that you don't own the property we would then we would then request a wayleave, this is a right of way granted by a landowner, typically for purposes such as the erection of telegraph wires or laying of pipes. In this case, it would be laying and installing cable and other relevant equipment.

When we need to acquire wayleave, we send the property owner(s) an access agreement form who may choose agree or to deny wayleave. We cannot control when or if work and installation can go ahead.

If all wayleave permissions are granted, we would then begin planning, cabling, and construction before then installing. Again, as this involves liaising and obtaining permissions from a third party, this can cause some delays for the customer.

Let me know how you get on with the signing up process.

You can also call our sales team on 08001831234 to see if we are able to start the installation process. 

All the best

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi @Carley_S

When I go onto your website and enter my postcode I am shown a "Register your interest now" screen. I filled that in many months ago but never heard back. 

I previously spoke to @Christy_D about this a few months ago and they informed me that it might be possible if I could get a signed wayleave, but at the time the landlord wasn't interested. Now they are slightly more interested and would like some more information on what works would need to be carried out. I think they probably just want someone at Virgin they can contact to ask about it rather than everything going through me.

Thanks,

Dan

Thanks for coming back to us @ItsDanH.

I can check with our expansion teams to see if it would be possible now to get your property serviced or if they have any plans to do so in the future.

I will send over a private message, to get a few details from you to be able to look into this further for you.

Please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for the private message with your details @ItsDanH.

I have sent this over to our expansion and developments teams but it may take a few days to get a response from them, I will be in touch as soon as I hear anything back.

Regards,

Steven_L

Cheers Steven!

Leemitchell872
Tuning in

I just moved into my new flat and I can't get virgin installed and everyone else on my block has got virgin I rang up couple of times but 

Hi @Leemitchell872,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear you're unable to get our services currently. What were you advised when you called to discuss this with the team? Have you entered and submitted your details here yet?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!