cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Query

ryan_w
Joining in

Hi, 

General query regarding the install process. Virgin have surveyed my house and need to bring cable up the main road / pavement, I've got a green T spray mark at the bottom corner of my drive for the intended location of the pull box. 

However my drive is fully block paved, no grass, plant beds, just the neighbors drive way wall, then house wall running parallel.

Do Virgin run the cabling under the drive way? Its a new build house which has already a duct to the location I need the services which delivers a BT fibre connection already, I was under the impression this could be reused for Virgin services as well?

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@ryan_w wrote:

Hi, 

General query regarding the install process. Virgin have surveyed my house and need to bring cable up the main road / pavement, I've got a green T spray mark at the bottom corner of my drive for the intended location of the pull box. 

However my drive is fully block paved, no grass, plant beds, just the neighbors drive way wall, then house wall running parallel.

Do Virgin run the cabling under the drive way? Its a new build house which has already a duct to the location I need the services which delivers a BT fibre connection already, I was under the impression this could be reused for Virgin services as well?

VM make regular use of sub-contractors for cable installations. VM does seem to have access to Openreach ducts in some cases.

Any contractors are likely to take the easiest/quickest route possible to install the cable.

Chez92
Up to speed

My house was built 20 years ago and has ducting under the garden right up to the house; it was a constant battle of trying to get Virgin to realise this after having umpteen engineers out trying to figure out whether they were going to have to dig up the road and then my garden.

Had one auditor out that saw the BT "elephants foot" kit on my house and told me straight away that virgin would use the same duct that feeds this so hopefully yours is the same. Edit - same route, not necessarily the exact same duct but I can't see there being two down there!

Luckily when they came out with a digger ready to dig up the road for a new duct I was at home and was able to tell them where the duct already was. Just needed to lift a flag and cut a hole for the cable to come through.