Menu
Dansains
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Install Failure - Cable Damage

I had an installation cancelled this morning as 1) the pre install works weren’t complete and 2) this was because the fibre cable serving our road is damaged and needs replacing. After numerous hours on hold to various customer services departments, I still am no closer to finding out when that may be - can anyone help?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Install Failure - Cable Damage

You are unlikely to get a quick answer. Usually faults like this involve digging up the road or pavement. This needs third party intervention, plus council work permits will need to be obtained. You could be looking at several weeks of delays.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Dansains
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply, I feared as much. Hoping someone on here from Virgin will be able to connect me to at least the right person to talk to about it within Virgin.

2 weeks since move in without any internet/tv during these work from home times and seemingly at least the same to follow.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Have a look at getting a 4G Mobile Data Dongle for internet use.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

HI Dainsains, thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear of the delay in your installation.  It does sound (from what you've described) that some level of construction is required to enable this to go ahead.  I would like to take a closer look at this. To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen,

Regards

Lee_R

Dansains
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I appreciate it. I will await the message.

0 Kudos
Dansains
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Still not sorted yet unfortunately...some roadworks/cable works have been done over the last few days, but not all the areas that they sprayed with green paint have been dug up...so slightly concerned not all the blocked ducts have been cleared (apparently there were 3 according to the roadworks notification). Further, I’ve just had a text to say ‘your installation has been put on hold due to external work being required’ - I’m not sure if this refers to the roadworks, or the fact that the cable has still not been pulled through to my house? (I’ve even dug the trench through my garden for them to lay it myself 😁)

Still booked for 28th as far as I know (I can’t check on the Virgin Media app or through the website, as my new account is not yet active) but have a nasty feeling it has been postponed again.

WIth the changing COVID-19 picture, I am fearing a winter without TV and internet if installations are stopped or something, which we just cannot comprehend - 1st world problems I know but before we moved we were told by Virgin Media they could install to this address.

🙁

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dansains,

Thanks for posting. Really sorry to hear that you're installation has been delayed again, we understand the frustration this is causing you.

Unfortunately this can sometimes happen even though we advised you your address is serviceable. Until a technician attends to do the pre-install we will not aware of any issues that need to be rectified until we visit the site of installation. In this case this is what has transpired when we have come to install your services.

If you have been advised the installation will take place on the 28th Of September, this means we should have the construction issues resolved before this time so your install can take place.

If anything happens before then and we are unable to install on the date given you will be informed by our installation team and an update will be given.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos