cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Date Delay - When do I get compensation?

anj747
Tuning in

Hi guys,

My original install date was 20th December 2021, however this was delayed and eventually the service was installed on 27th January 2022.
No construction work on the street was required or done. 

I have yet to receive the “automatic” compensation. Can someone look into this for me, please? 

11 REPLIES 11

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi as you won't have been charged for the services until they went live I fear you are not eligible for compensation. Regards Micky

According to this, I should be entitled to compensation: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation#installation

@anj747 wrote:

According to this, I should be entitled to compensation: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation#installation

I understand that notice but my point was have you paid anything as yet.

Hi @anj747,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear that there was a setback to your installation going ahead. As it details in the link that you provided, if this is in relation to a provisional activation date then this would not fall under the scheme. If automatic compensation hasn't been placed onto your account balance/bills then this would likely be the reason why.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance or have any additional queries.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach,

Thanks for your response. How do I know if the date was “provisional”? There is nothing on the correspondence that I can see that mentions the date being provisional. 87DBA62A-A5CD-4821-85B7-E2DE85B0FC70.jpeg In fact the email originally was quite concrete about the installation date. Please see attached screenshot.

Hi there @anj747, thanks for the reply.

I'll need to have a look at this further for you so I am going to send you a PM to confirm your details.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi all, just an update we have been able to have this issue resolved for @anj747.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Does that mean he got compensation? 
I fear the same situation for me, in fact one of your agents said "without fail" I would be connected weeks ago. Just had another appointment cancelled 🙄

I did.