cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instalation

DorotaPa
Joining in

Installation appointment was booked for the 20th January, in app date was changed by virgin on 20 and 21 but no engineer turned up, no call, no apologies, no explanations. Now in app and website show instalation date on 22th of January. It's a joke? I can't wait every day for an engineer who doesn't come.

7 REPLIES 7

Dneagu87
Tuning in

Well,

They showed up at my place today and the guy said no way buddy no internet for you....and yes I called VM and they said ignore engineering man he doesn't know what he's talking about! 

And a warm welcome to the weird and wacky world of Virgin Media, where the offshore customer services regularly lie to customers (it might well be a requirement of the job), no department can possibly talk to or get a sensible answer from other departments, where the best (and most accurate) advice and information comes from unpaid volunteers on this forum and the entire corporate organisation is run based on a playbook written by the Keystone Kops!

Strap in, it’s a wild ride! 

OK, joking apart, what was the issue as told by the installation engineer, (ignore anything you are told on the phone, I wouldn’t trust the staff there to know what year this is let alone anything else)? Was it no cabling in place by any chance?

If so then take a brief look through other threads on this forum regarding such an issue, you may get connected up in about six months or so, on average.

Hello there,

Ive been waiting since late October i think, the engineer said he can't dig up the street and I checked with the council planning they didn't even file a request....I've been lied for 3 months. This all happened because I moved one street away.

Regards,

Daniel

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi DorotaPa

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community although I am sorry to hear you're having an issue with getting installed. 

The appointments you've referred too as being rolled over each day sound like these are for the pre-install visit. Usually you will have 2 appointments shows. One being the actual installation date and then another visit that can be done at anytime up to the install date which will update each day. This visit is to determine if we can connect you to the network. 

Due to the delay, we can get a complaint raised up regarding this and pass over to the Installs team for them to look further into. 

To do this we will need to confirm some information with you and pass data protection. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hey,

I didn't receive anything from you.

Hello,

I don't understand what's going on? You didn't send me anything the plum envelope shows "0" messages. Are you going to contact me? Is installation happening or not?

I can't be on 24 hour watch for you people.

Please let me know something.

Hi Dneagu87, 

Apologies, my reply was to the OP - DorotaPa. I have sent them a message. 

I can see that my colleague Tom has already picked up your query via your own thread. Please make sure you are only posting once about your issue. If you need to update the thread then just reply to your original thread rather than creating a new one. We understand it's frustrating when something's not right however posting more than once about the same fault makes the boards look busier than what they actually are. It also causes confusion and means we could take longer to reply due to needing to sift through duplicate posts.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs