cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial set up woes

Joker_uk
Joining in

Hi folks,

Had Virgin Media install last Friday (3/12). All seemingly went well until time to turn on the equipment then the engineer identified there was a cable issue and a repull was required.

As part of the installation he'd asked if he could cut our sky cable to minimise drilling the building - I agreed (more fool me)

The re-pull team were in the area and arrived within a couple of hours which was good - but despite carrying out two repulls they couldn't get things working (Lo fibre signal) and identified that the problem was the cabinet - which is outside our house.

On testing the cabinet they found nothing was live , we are the first connection, I watched as they tested and reported the problem.

Wind forward 24 h to Saturday and I received a text message saying "sorry you have problems we've arranged a re-pull for 20/12!!!" I tried to contact support over text and phone but ended up going in circles as the support team could not understand the problem was with the cabinet and must be on my property.

So as I agreed to the sky cable cut we have no live tv as we used Freesat and no sign of a sensible resolution.

As an interim I've ordered some replacement twin satellite cable so I can reconnect and re-wire the sky dish to restore TV - which will of course remove the virgin wiring.

Please can someone provide me with an engineering phone number so that I can speak to a technician without a script.

Also, although I can log in to my account I can't find how to reset my memorable word which it appears isn't that memorable - so a link to wherever I can do that would be really helpful.

all help gratefully received

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Steve,

Regarding the memorable, word.

You should be able to alter this by logging into My Virgin Media then click on Update Settings >  Account Details and scroll down to Telephone security details and edit the memorable word field

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Steve,

Regarding the memorable, word.

You should be able to alter this by logging into My Virgin Media then click on Update Settings >  Account Details and scroll down to Telephone security details and edit the memorable word field

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for the response on the memorable word, that at least is resolved.

Now if only someone could fix the cabinet....

To be honest I've been reading horror stories about levels of this service and wonder if I should just cancel and cut my losses before it is connected

Hello Joker_uk

Thanks for posting in regards to the recent attempted installation and issues, we understand the frustration caused and you taking the time to make us aware via the forums. Welcome to the community.

We can see an appointment is booked in for you, you can check that here or the Install Team can be called on 0800 052 1734 for an update as to what is happening.

Rob

All working as of yesterday - the light on the hub suddenly went white.

I was out for a walk with my wife at lunchtime and spotted one of the engineering co. Vans on a different street and asked if they knew what had happened. They did…. There were apparently 3 cabinets in Calne that had not been ‘connected’ and enabled properly which they had now resolved.

So all done here