cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information Scam?

BlueAstra
Tuning in

I've had two PMs from Garath_L and John_GS regarding my post Orange LED? indicating that they would like my account details to organize a engineer visit and possibly a change of the hub3 router box. They have 'Forum Team' under their names. I'm new here so apologies in advance if I've got this wrong, but these days you have to check everything online, especially if people request account details. Can anyone verify if these people are legitimate VMedia people who can request details and action VM to replace hubs, etc? Sorry to have to ask this but I have been burnt before.

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @BlueAstra 

As per the https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/help/faqpage/title/Staff page

forum staffforum staff

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Yup I got exactly the same when checked whether you had used a bot like https://chat.openai.com/

Thing is it reads just like a bot. Let's keep things human on here

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi BlueAstra,

Thanks for posting about this on our Community Forums 🤗 I can confirm Gareth_L and John_GS are both my colleagues within Virgin Media. 

If you feel more comfortable now that you've got confirmation of this, please reply to one of their Private Messages and they will be more than happy to continue helping 😁

Please let us know how you get on!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Thank you, everything now resolved. Can’t be too careful when asked to reveal account details.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @BlueAstra thanks for getting back to us.

And thanks for confirming your issues are resolved. Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Please bear in mind, you can manage your account from here. Your online account, will give you access to your bills, show your package details, diagnose any possible faults and monitor any orders and appointments you may have. 
Regards
Lee_R