cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infinitely delayed installation and ignored complaint

cosmoph
Joining in

Hi, 

I signed up for VM in March, and was given an installation date of 22nd March. This was delayed until April 1st. An engineer attended my home but the install couldn't be completed on April 1st, and so was delayed. A second attempt at the pre-pull was scheduled for April 7th, which was missed, as well as appointments for April 8th, April 9th, April 11th, April 12th, April 13th and April 14th, until they gave up and rescheduled for April 22nd for the prepull and April 28th for the install. At this point (April 14th) - I raised a formal complaint and received a complaint reference number. 10 days later I have still had no further correspondence regarding my complaint.

Imagine my surprise when on April 22nd the prepull was still not completed, nor on April 23rd. 

Now I see that my install date of April 28th is also missing from my account, gone into the abyss is any remaining home I had that next week might be the week.

I have no faith this installation will ever happen. I phone support every other day, get transferred around 3/4 times and eventually get put on hold for 40 minutes until the line is disconnected with no progress. Occasionally I even get transferred to the external contractor, who are unable to speak to or help me. 

Is there any way at all to speak to someone who can help resolve this?

Attempts to escalate are met with silence. Promises to call me back are broken. I've been being told to expect to hear from someone with regards to my ignored complaint for 8 days and still nothing. 

Very disappointed and frustrated.

9 REPLIES 9

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
see this
-----------

FYI - Re. VM’s installation issues - see John’s excellent précis of the situation in messsage 18 here…

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Multiple-Failed-Installations-zero-commun...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

That is certainly discouraging. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
As you can see, the current VM installation process is terribly badly managed when things arent straightforward.

So dont bother chasing it. Let them play their games and let the installation play out. Do nothing. You pay nothing (£0) until a VM connection is installed and activated. And even from then (if it gets that far) you have 14 days in which to cancel - again with no costs. Or keep it if you like it in those 14 days

Can you connect to OR,Sky, BT etc - or a 4G/5G service - perhaps on a 30-day contract? Three have a 30day 4G unlimited package for ~£20. If so, do it now and just let the VM install run its course. As I said, you will pay nothing until VM's service is installed and operational. When it finally happens, you have 14 days in which to cancel it at no cost to yourself and keep the other service. Or, if VM is working to your satisfaction, keep it and cancel the other service (hence better if you took a 30-day contract).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Two thoughts:

1) By VM standards a five-six week delay is nothing.  The known record is twelve months between first quoted install date and the eventual connection.

2) Treat all of this as part of a learning experience.  This shows how much VM value your custom, how keen they are to rectify service failures, how earnest they are keeping their promises, and how effective they are at communicating with customers.  This is a company you intend to enter into an 18 month contract with who will be providing your domestic communications - it's important that you trust them to provide the service reliably, to have easily contacted and effective customer service, and to treat you with the respect that a customer placing a £700-1200 contract might reasonably expect.

You’re right - I think I will simply cancel the install and go back to Sky if it doesn’t happen by the end of the week. 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @cosmoph

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issues with your install.

We would be sad to see you go! Can you tell me if you are still needing help with this? 

Many thanks

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

@Hayley_S 

Yes - the pre pull team missed their 12th scheduled appointment yesterday. 

Hi Hayley

I sent you a PM but haven't had a reply - are you able to follow up with me?

Thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @cosmoph,

Thanks for the response, normally another agent would pull the reply through, if it does not come back to myself.

Sorry this did not happen, Also please do refrain from sending private messages unless you have been invited. 

Due to the circumstances I will respond to your private message, but in the future this would not be allowed due to the community rules.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide