cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increasingly unstable connection

mastermc0
Joining in

Over the past few weeks and months my connection has been dropping out more and more.  Yesterday it disconnected 4 or 5 times ranging from 5 minutes offline to over 45 minutes.

According to the status tracker the issue is resolved but again this morning it’s been offline twice and it’s not even 10am.

I have been asked to post here by your twitter team.

6 REPLIES 6

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Set up a free BQM test and post a Live Link here.  It will plot your connection and show any dropouts.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

@jpeg1 wrote:

Set up a free BQM test and post a Live Link here.  It will plot your connection and show any dropouts.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

My Broadband Ping - My Virgin Media Connection

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Let that run for a day or two. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi @mastermc0,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you have been having issues with your connection.

We can understand this is not ideal and we want to best help.

I have had a look backend and everything seems to be in working order hub-wise. I am also unable to see any disconnections in your BQM. Has the issue improved since last messaging us? 

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

In typical taking your car to the mechanic fashion the connection has indeed been a lot more stable so seems to be all good for now.

I’ll be sure to report back if that changes.

Many thanks 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

No dropouts, but a fair degree of contention that is causing some long ping times

- jpeg1