Menu
AMJF
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Increase in my bill price + can I get a reduction?

My latest Virgin Media bill is £46.60, up from £41.00, which the latter has been for a long time, but looking at my bill breakdown online, since I haven't received a paper bill in years, why am I paying for the telephone landline? I haven't used a landline in years, so I don't need to pay line rental. Why am I?

Is it possible to eliminate line rental from my bill? Would there be a reduction?

Please help!

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Increase in my bill price + can I get a reduction?

Phone customer services and follow the prompt for thinking of leaving. It may not be at the moment, but at one time it was cheaper to have a landline as well as broadband, broadband by alone costed more.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Removing the landline loses a huge amount of discount. You will likely only save £4 a month or less by dropping it, as standalone broadband is VMs most expensive product.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
AMJF
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm currently at 200Mb. Can I get a reduction if I go back down to 100Mb?

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@nodrogd wrote:

Removing the landline loses a huge amount of discount. You will likely only save £4 a month or less by dropping it, as standalone broadband is VMs most expensive product.

it's the biggest con that virgin currently runs.

0 Kudos
AMJF
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I managed to get a reduction down to £37 for the next 18 months on a 12-month contract, with only 100Mb broadband and no line rental. It should be fine, now.

Thanks for the advice, ppl!

0 Kudos