Menu
Zoebrittle
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Incorrect charge

I’m a new customer of virgin and have just received my first bill and believe it is incorrect.

When I first signed up I had an email saying that the engineer installation should be free and is usually worth £30. However on my first bill I am being charged the £30 for this!

I have an email with proof of the installation which says it should be free for me. Can you help please 

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Incorrect charge

you need to talk to retention

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

it may be the activation fee which i think is separate from the install fee 

Tony
Zoebrittle
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

14768505-E60A-4EAD-986F-183C4CB359CE.png

Thank you I will try and call this number. As you can see this is the email I got when I first set up my contract.

0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

There are 2 different charges and not to be confused.

Engineer fee £30 & Setup fee £35. You got free engineer visit but not free setup 🙂

Its too late now but personally find 3rd party websites like Martin Lewis and Uswitch have much better deals than VM website. This is the current deal if shopped around...free setup

sayekm_0-1613045409281.png

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos
Zoebrittle
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have spoken to VM now and they have refunded me £30.

I was wrongly charged £65 in total, activation fee (£35) + installation fee (£30)

The installation fee was supposed to be free but it was showing on my bill. This has now been corrected and VM have credited me with £30.

0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Should have got the whole £65 refunded and cheaper £24 deal 😉

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos