Menu
CraigT123
Joining in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Incomplete Installation

Can some one please reply to me, I’ve emailed, filed complaints, tried Twitter, used the ‘live’ chat and spent over 10 hours on hold being fobbed off with promises that never materialise (or more usually cut off after an hour on hold). I’m not going to detail all the previous issues I’ve had, all I want to know is when will my installation be completed? It’s been over 7 weeks and kier group fixed the issue with my line weeks ago - they were great by the way, very informative and efficient...lessons could be learned there. To describe this whole process as utterly shambolic would be too kind.

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incomplete Installation

Try the pre-installation and delivery team - 0800 052 1734

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @CraigT123

Welcome to our Community and thank so much for your first post; I was sorry to understand that you've had some issues with your installation and subsequent issues getting the help you need from us to get this resolved. 

I have located your account from here and can see that your services are installed and active - can you elaborate on your issue so we can best assist you? Are you having a fault with your services since installation? 

Your Hub looks to be working ok from here; was last rebooted around 4 days ago. We have no known area issues and no errors showing. All signal levels are within the parameters we would expect for your package and equipment. 

Keep us posted. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
CraigT123
Joining in
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I was assured notes had been made on my account so I didn’t have to explain the whole saga every single time. I also have two active complaints I’ve heard nothing from (at least 6 weeks.

I am still attached to my neighbours house with a cable coming through my wall (no internal installation). It does work but it’s been over 7 weeks now. The issue with my cable (blocked) was resolved weeks ago. When will my internal installation complete?

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Sorry Craig - what do you mean by internal installation? 

It's not unusual to share a connection with a neighbour - this can go ahead for sometimes years without causing any faults or issues for either party. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
CraigT123
Joining in
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

The cable goes across my hedge over my flower bed and comes through my wall straight into my box, no internal fixture in place is this really ok!? 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Do you have any pictures @CraigT123?

This is not something I have ever heard of - not quite sure how you would have working services without the internal installation in place. 

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
CraigT123
Joining in
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

34F6BA76-5785-4B98-BE43-1C9A5BDACC0F.jpeg

0 Kudos
CraigT123
Joining in
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I was assured this would be temporary (max 2 weeks). It’s been at least 7 weeks. The issue with my line was fixed weeks ago by kier group.

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

wait for VM but i think the answer will be that they are not doing any non essential internal work when a line is working - you can book a tech but it the date will be put on hold until lockdown is over

you look to have the wall box - not sure whats in the cardboard box - an isolator maybe - if so you could sort it yourself - not ideal but i dont think anything will hppen in a hurry via VM

Tony
0 Kudos