cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideal Area

Fordy88
Joining in

Hopefully Virgin Media staff will see this. I live in an area where we can't get Virgin but also because it's in a valley surrounded by woodland the Sky signal is terrible. 

It is a perfect place for Virgin cable, the entire neighbourhood would jump at rhe chance because sky service, signals and pricing is terrible. They know they are the only provider in the area so make zero effort.

Ripponden, Halifax, please Virgin get to it.

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I knew someone from Halifax - they were on BT at ~80Mbps - can you not get that?

VM unlikely to prioritise an area that has that

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The nearest infrastructure is at Sowerby Bridge. Although this is only a few miles away it would be a huge outlay for very little return (number of houses passed) as apart from local pole distribution all the ducting & cabinets would have to be put in by Virgin.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Fordy88, 

Thanks for using the forums and for your interest in our services! 

I am sorry you're in a bit of a difficult place in terms of location and what ISP's are available. 

I have a link to Cable My Street which you can fill in to register your interest. Please ask your neighbours to register as well as it will help identify that area as being highly interested. 

I am sorry there is nothing more I can do at the moment though and I wish you the best of luck. 

Thanks,

Megan_L