Menu
Ocojocar
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I want to connect my flat to virgin internet

Hi, I have been in contact with 5 different people from sales and customer support in order to get virgin internet in my new flat. Every single time I was getting a different answer: I need to complet a form or to complete the form again because they are not able to check if the engineer got the first one and if and when will he come, that my flat is not connected to virgin and they can not provide me internet, etc. After reading on this forum that the same thing happened to other people I have called again and asked for a spotter to be sent out. Finally a guy called me yesterday saying he will come today between 7 pm and 9 pm. Today around 6 he called to let me know that he is just leaving from my place and my flat cannot be connected. I asked why and he said that it’s too difficult as my flat is not at the main street and that he doesn’t think that my landlord will allow me to drill holes. I told him that I already have the landlord’s approval and he said that it would have been easier if my flat would be at the main street but since is not it cannot be connected. Please note that my flat is in a house with 8 other flats right at a cross roads and that both streets have a lot of houses connected to virgin. My flat and 3 more have the entrance through a gate, but the way I see it it’s not difficult at all, not to mention that he didn’t even entered the courtyard as he would need a code for the gates. Can you please let me know if there is something that can be done. It’s impossible to not be able to connect my flat with so many houses around connected.

thank you

0 Kudos
Ricmcdermott
Dialled in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: I want to connect my flat to virgin internet

Unfortunately it doesn’t look like anything can be done 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello Ocojocar,

I am really sorry this has been the case, unfortunately if a spotter has ruled that the install cannot be done, this would be the case.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Ocojocar
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Can I try again next month? I mean for me it is incredible that other providers don’t have any issue in connecting the flats in this house. When I search for wifi networks I even see in the results 2 virgin networks with powerful signal. It’s just mind blowing how some people can choose what tasks to do or not based on how they feel like and nothing can be done about it.

Anyway thanks for getting back to me.

0 Kudos
Ricmcdermott
Dialled in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

U can try as much as u like but I doubt there will be a different outcome 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ocojocar,
Welcome to the forums, pop your postcode in the postcode box at the top of the page here https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband.html
If broadband services are not available there will be a form to fill in which will go to a team who will keep you updated on the services available in your area.
All the best
Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Ocojocar
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma_E,

I have already done that probably 5-6 times already with no luck. My address is not in the list when I add my post code, but the house that is literally next door is in that list so I have completed and submitted the form for 5-6 times already with no luck. Nobody called me or anything. I have even booked a home visit through the website again with no luck as I got no feedback, no call, no email, nothing.

This is ridiculous. It seems that it's impossible to get to talk to someone knowledgeable and willing to help.

Oana

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ocojocar,
Thanks for coming back to us here. 
As much as we would love to be able to install everybody, sometimes it's just not possible. 
I can double check to see what's going on for you although I'll need some information from you. I have sent you a private message requesting some information. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ocojocar,

Thanks for coming back to me with your information via private message. Smiley Happy
I have sent an email over to the Build teams now to check. 
If and when I get a reply from them, I shall be in touch to let you know what they say. 
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Ocojocar
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Just wanted to check with you if you have any updates.

Kind regards,

Oana

0 Kudos