cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need internet for my room.

Codeluis
Joining in

I move to a shared house but my room does not have internet, my landlord says that I can hire my own internet. I have looked at the Virgin page and it tells me that there is already an account in my house. Can I then have a separate connection for myself?

8 REPLIES 8

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Check who owns that account. Is it the landlord or another person. If the landlord then they should be able to grant you free access to it. If someone else then you will need to discuss that possiblity with them.

If you just want you own connection - VM will provide another account at the same address - but you would have to pay the full charge on a new 18 month contract.

So expand a bit more on the situation.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

The agency that manages the house does not provide internet, so the connection will be from another tenant. But if I can have my own account with my own connection it would be perfect.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What do you mean, connection will be from another tenant?

It doesn't need to be from another tenant . Is that a family member ?

You need your own contract and it will be for 18 months.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I mean that the existing connection will be from another tenant of the house, I don't know.

But if I can have another separate contract for myself, then problem solved,  although from the web I don't see how to do it, I guess I'll have to go to a store.

Sorry for mi english.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Codeluis wrote:

I mean that the existing connection will be from another tenant of the house, I don't know.

But if I can have another separate contract for myself, then problem solved,  although from the web I don't see how to do it, I guess I'll have to go to a store.

Sorry for mi english.

Virgin Media no longer have any stores in the UK.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

So how should I proceed to create a new account?

When I look on the web it tells me that there is already an account at my address and it does not give me any other options. Do I choose to self-install or have an installer come to my house? it's all very confusing.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to speak to a VM agent to explain the situation as second accounts at the same address are not usual.

Call 0345 454 1111  and follow options to "join VM"

--------------------
John
--------------------

Hi there,

thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here, and please accept my apologies for the delay in responding to you. Please can I ask if this has now been resolved?. You can indeed have an additional account at the property.

many thanks

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more